Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lazebury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 02:42 AM
    Speaking French
    Suggestions of an easy way to remember how form a french sentence correctly when speaking without having to think is it a noun verb etc before you speak
    I have just started learning French and at momemnt finding it very daunting
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 03:50 AM

We always laugh about french colloquialisms here in Ontario. Many of us speak Québécois and after you learn french properly, saying a sentence in french just roles of the tongue. So don't worry about it. Can't tell you any shortcuts, cause I never learned any, was just thrown into it helterskelter. Enjoy learning, it is a beautiful language.

Here is a funny sentence, but it is the way it is translated into english from the french:

"I threw my cow over the fence some hay"

See what I mean !

Tick
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

May 9, 2009, 11:38 AM
    I do learnt french(as a elective subject) for the name sake to score marks during my inter college but I don't know except few things

It is really very hard to learn and keep remember of all the rules in french

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

French Speaking people [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone who is from France speak the eqivalent of quince English (very posh French) in French but not sound posh when they speak English with a heavy French accent? Even if you don't understand French, would you not be able to detect a posh French person when they speak English? Or would...

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search