Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martha carrot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
    I would like to file a motion to vacate a renewal of judgement
    I would like to file a motion to vacate a renewal of judgement. It is from California and I live in Florida. Do I need an attorney or can I file this myself? Where do I get the proper docuemts and where can I obtain the education to file properly? The judgemnt comes from a suit that I should never have been involeved in. The individual who sued me staed She worked for me which she did not. We both worked for the doctors office. I did not get payroll either. Because I was mugged I was not present at the time of this court hearing 1oyears ago, and this is also the reason I no longer in in California. Please advise.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2009, 02:25 PM

First, Please pay more attention to the rules of this site. I have move3d this from the Introductions forum which is cleared marked as not for asking questions. I really don't understand how you scrolled past several other places to post and then posted where you were warned not to.

Second, you cannot vacate a RENEWAL of a judgement. If the plaintiff requests the renewal its automatic. If you didn't request to vacate the original judgement, by the time its renewed its too late.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 04:03 PM

Scott is correct. You cannot request a renewal of a judgment be vacated. The judgment was entered for so many years and the judgment can be renewed for so many more years. Usually you can only renew a judgment once but some states will let you keep renewing judgments indefinitely.
    LeeParadise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Hi martha carrot,
    You have another option to attack the judgment that you feel should never have been entered against you in the first place, because you believe/know that you are the wrong party. You can move to set aside and void a judgment. Arguably, a void judgment is one that has no valid legal basis or is one that was obtained by fraud, etc. and is without a designated time limit. Consult with a legal expert for further info. CCP473d

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Right To File A Motion To Vacate Default Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I need to know if I still have time to file a "Motion to vacate default judgement". In the first judgment I received it said I did not show up after being notified. I never received notice and did not sign any certified mail. The first date is 9/10/2007. I received a Final Judgment...

How do you file a motion to vacate a judgement [ 3 Answers ]

A summons came to my dads house, mind you I haven't lived there since 2001. My divorce lawyer is taking action against me for some contract issues. I dropped my case and worked things out. My case was dropped in 2005, she got appointed to judge, now after she is no longer judge, she filed , I never...

California Form - Motion to Vacate to Modify Renewal of Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served in California with a Notice of Renewal of Judgment under the 10 year rule. I want to object to this renewal, and make a motion to vacate or modify the renewal with the court. What form do I use to make that motion?

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

All my money in my bank accounts are currently frozen due to a judgement. The collection agency is demanding I pay the total amount due up front. I do not have this money. I called the courts and they said I need to file a motion to vacate the judgement. I am willing to let them garnish my...

View more questions Search