Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaboy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Moss on roof
    There is moss growing on a shaded area of the asphalt shingles of my unattached garage. I have heard of a solution that can be mixed that when applied not only cleans the moss off the shingles, but also inhibits it's growth in the future.Does anyone have the recipe?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 04:26 PM

I don't have that recipe But To stop more moss from growing string a copper wire along that ridge area so when the rain hit the wire and runs down the roof moss won't grow.

The copper oxidizing creates a chemical in the water runoff and inhibits Moss from growing later. It's a very old way we used to build and stop moss from growing on slate roofs. It has to be a fairly heavy gage of wire similar to a copper grounding wire used on an electric panel boxes grounding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moss in grass [ 1 Answers ]

I have some moss growing in the grass in my back yard. The yard is on the eastern side of the house and has trees on one side. It does get sun during the day until the early afternoon. It has been airrated. The moss is starting to create bald patches in the grass. What can I do to get the...

Moss In My Lawn [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what to do about moss in my lawn. I have several patches of the stuff and would like to rid my lawn of it??

View more questions Search