Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pendragon1290 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Finding birth parents
    How do I go about finding my birth parents without my adoptive parents finding out? I also don't have a lot of money so free is better.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 10:13 AM

1. contact the adoption agency and ask to leave a letter with your contact information in it in case your birthparents are looking
    2. Do the same at the courthouse in the county you were born/adopted in.
    3. Register on reunion websites, such as ISSR, adoption.org and adoption.com
    4. If you have information such as her name and birth date, you can look into hiring a private detective to search.

Why don't you want your adoptive parents to know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding my parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Amanda Beck. I was born April 18, 1991. I am trying to find my parents I don't know there names or anything can you help.

Finding my birth parents in Illinois [ 6 Answers ]

I was adopted at birth in Illinois, 11/28/1964. I can't get any answers and need to fill this void. I was told that their last name was Estes. I was born at St.Johns Hospital in Springfield,Il.

Can a minor birth mother's parents relinquish rights to the birth father? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Here's the situation: the soon-to-be birth mother is 16, still living with her parents and attending school. The birth father is 18, still lives with his parents but has a job and is generally responsible. The parents of the birth mother want her to put the baby up for adoption and move on...

View more questions Search