Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppycali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Very unfortunate - Info on Aggravated DUI needed
    I know it varies but state and circumstances, but in NE is there any leniency for someone with 9 yrs driving experience, no prior tickets at all, no DUIs, who has eceived Aggravated DUI because they found his BAC 0.215 and he had a minor accident with no person injuries? This is a medium-profile person. He fixed his car immediately and his insurance covered their car damage. He does a lot of volunteer work, is in college and working but is supporting his family. Can his public defender ask for a Stay of Adjudication? He is not a "drinker" - this was very unfortunate, he hadn't eaten or drunk anything else during and after the social event... so. The CP apparently is very green--relatively new on the job. Eeks...
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 7, 2009, 09:18 PM

The circumstances that matter is the fact that a collision occurred while driving drunk. Aggravated DUI is bad even if there were injuries or whether he ever had any kind of ticket before. Though it would be worse if he had a history of the same. It also does not make it any less serious because of fixing his car immediately. The other things ~the volunteer work, attending college, working and supporting a family) may be considered in a pre-sentence review or evaluation (if there is one done). These are serious charges and his public defender might be too busy to do a lot of fancy motion filing. If he wants a better outcome he should hire a good lawyer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 04:59 AM

What matters is the condition of the person at the time of the accident.

For a good result hire a GOOD, experienced criminal Attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a print promoted by Camille Lucas NYC. The only identification is Brunet (I think) and 68 / 3. I would like to know more about this print

Arthritis info needed [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! I have put this in the "other health & wellness" section because I really want a broad range of solutions. Here's the deal. After speaking with my mom this morning, she told me that my dad is in constant back pain. Last year he had double knee replacement due to arthritis and has been...

Insurance info needed [ 4 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident aprox 2yrs ago, no police report was made. It was my fault I was driving a company vehicle. An agreement was made between myself and the other driver to get quotes from repair shops and I/company would pay for damages as not to go through the company insurance and...

Info needed on starting up? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to start my own business. I should say cookie business. I am currently a Data Analyst in Rhode Island. I would like to have something for myself and enjoy it. I am not afraid of hard work or long hours and also I realize that I should start from my home and see how it goes. Having...

View more questions Search