Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 08:15 PM
    My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do!
    Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left.

How do I help her and help myself!

I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave with out helping my mom I love her too much to leave her before she's been helped

She keeps on saying she has no life and she always is working for a hopeless family her boy friend works far away he's coming home this week end I hope mom cheers up I just wish things could be better and mem and my mom aren't so negative, people think I'm crazy but I say I have a gift I can sense thought and, well this is ridiculous but see auras and my mum is I deep blue I can see a happy green in the center of her heart but the green is fading to yellow and I want to make her hole body GREEN!

My birth day is on may 14 ill be turning 15 and at that exact date I want to just disappear I hate this planet its so full of hate and negativity I wish it was happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, but its not
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 07:35 AM

How do you get along with the boyfriend? Are there any other adults in your life you trust, to talk to? Has she always been this way or has something major happened in your lives?

I don't think you can deal with this alone, and some support for you would be the thing get.

She is caught up right now in a lot of stress and you must be strong and support her through this hard time with a lot of love, despite her wacky behavior.

Sometimes adults can't help themselves, when they are stressed out. Does she take medicine? If so is she taking it??
    little_n_lost Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2009, 08:22 PM

Hey there sorry to hear about your mum. Try talking to her about WHY she feels like she has no life etc. Tell her that the way she feels is bringing down the way you feel but also try to get across that she's not a bad mum for that it's just natural because you love her. I believe in you gift my friend I have it too you're what we call sensitive. Try to keep hold of your gift as it may fade away in adult hood you can use it to try to cheer yourself up. Watch how happy animals are especially when they interact with each other it can be very interesting sometimes. If your mum has been this way for a long time I suggest going to the doctors to see if there is any help for her and for yourself whethert that be family therapy or counselling or something, best of luck XxX
    Tando Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Sep 7, 2009, 12:57 AM

Hey sweetheart,

This is a very difficult situation and you have to be careful about your next steps.
    First of all, great that you are seeking advice, seriously.

If your Mum is depressed, then it would be quite advisable for her to seek assistance in some way or another. From the sounds of it, she is trying really hard to be a good Mum and I believe she is since you love her so much and don't lose a bad word about her and present yourself in deep sorrow. You can be proud of yourself in this case. As tal was saying, the one thing you can do is continue to show her your love, care and appreciation...

Nevertheless, the worrying part for me is YOU... you are speaking about suicide and that worries me a bit. Since all this affects you quite a bit, too, I think you need to look after yourself as well. I am not an expert neither very clever with these situations, but I think you need someone to disclose to, as well.

Another thing that seems really important to me is, that you are not responsible for this situation. It is not your fault and not your obligation to look after your Mum. You are still young and you are there to assist her in giving her a hand, love her, appreciate her and care for her, but look after yourself as well. I hope you understand what I mean... do not turn your back on her, but also make sure that you do not take ownership off her - it is not your task... you can be there for her but you shouldn't be her shoulder, her pillar, her strength. Be her daughter/son and offer her your love and your support which is in YOUR limits...

You have a great gift, too. Use it wisely for yourself and others...

Do you have more family around? They may be able to support you as well in some ways...

I hope for the best for you two and trust that you will stay hopeful in this situation.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 03:38 AM

I'm starting to think of suicide?

yeah I'm sorry but you want to take the easy way out?
    that’s pathetic

things do get bad in this world yes there is some awful things that goes on.

but if you are strong. And you want to fight and not give UP!. you will be happy. You can’t change other people, they only have the power to change themselves

sadly in the case of your mom which I am very sorry for. If she is down nothing your going to do can change that. The only thing you have power to change.. is..

yes you have guessed yourself =)
    so my dear stop basing your emotions on other people and try and focus on the things that make you happy.
    this may sound selfish but honestly at your age you shouldn’t have this on your shoulders and you are at stage of your life where you can’t really do anything about it.

So I say keep on fighting, don’t be one of those pathetic people that kill themselves. I had a best friend do that, and he was a moron for doing it.

always! In life and I mean always there are bad patches some last long
    but we as humans have the power to shape and control the world around us
    it is a great gift
    use it.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 03:44 AM

This thread was started in May and the poster didn't reply to the answer they got then.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 03:46 AM

damn it with the old posts! Rawr =D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my mom I'm very depressed and I cut myself? [ 39 Answers ]

I've been depressed for as long as I can remember, I think since at least 4th grade maybe longer. I'm currently in the middle of freshman year and I've restarted cutting myself a couple of months ago. I've also been taking tests to see how depressed am I and so far I'm either serious or very...

I think I am depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I think I am depressed but I am afraid to get anti-depression medication because I don't know for sure, I don't want to take medication if I am only sad. I don't feel like I have anybody to talk to. I broke up with my girlfriend about 4 months ago because all we were doing was having sex all...

Am I Depressed? [ 3 Answers ]

I always feel like I need to cry, Im starting to get insecure about myself and my relationship. Sometimes I can be really happy then just sad again. I have a lot of things on my mind, things have have upset me in the past, I just can't get them out of my head, they are always there pulling me back...

I might be depressed [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently had a run of bad luck, my 16 yr old was in lotz of trouble and I have had 2 DUI's in 2 1/2 years, 4 deaths in the family, and maybe I have cancer and my boyfriend left me. I want to know what I can do to try to get out of the depression I think I'm getting onto:confused:

View more questions Search