Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scroopdogg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Related to mum's 16th cousin's son?
    I am trying to find out whether I am related to my mum's 16th removed cousin's son
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 07:09 PM
    What does it matter? 16th removed is soooo removed!
    StNerevar Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

May 7, 2009, 07:31 PM

Ummmm... how are we supposed to help with this? Did I miss something.. XD
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 07:34 PM

Do you mean 17th degree cousin? Are you getting involved and worried you're related?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    are you getting involved and worried you're related?
    Even if so, 16th cousin removed... isn't an issue.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Even if so, 16th cousin removed......isn't an issue.
    Yes I agree, who knows there's something more she's not telling us. Culture thing...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 07:52 PM

Please describe "removed"

But related is still related
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 07:54 PM

I don't know how you would go about finding something like that out. Also I agree with the responses above, 16th removed doesn't even matter
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 06:23 AM

Like ylaria said, it may be a culture thing, but honestly... 16th cousin removed?? That's too confusing to even figure out!

Why are you wanting to know?
    scroopdogg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Haha there is no culture thing!. I simply haven't been online for a couple of days! I just wanted to know because we got involved while he was visiting and found this fact out later so I was curious if it technically mattered or not
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 08:15 AM

16th removed cousin
    Gee if I wanted to trace that far my kids could be related to JFK JR
    ''Getting involved'' You only have to worry as far as first cousins (maybe second) after that all so called cousins, removed or not, are fair game.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

May 9, 2009, 06:04 PM

Doesn't mean doodley-squat. How you even figured it out - assuming it is correct - is beyond me.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 06:30 PM

No. We're even surprised that you still found it he's your mom's 16th removed cousin's son. What do you mean by removed anyway?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    No. We're even surprised that you still found it he's your mom's 16th removed cousin's son. What do you mean by removed anyway?

The word "removed" refers to the number of generations between cousins. For example, same grandparents, first cousin; same great-grandparents (not same grandparents), second cousin.

You and your blood cousin have the same grandparents.

Your cousin's child does NOT have the same grandparents and is your cousin once removed.

The child of your cousin's child is your cousin twice removed - and so forth.

It is obviously very, very difficult to locate a cousin 16 times removed because it is difficult to access the necessary records and verify the information unless you are a professional. You would be going back 16 generations.
    Squiffy78 Posts: 20, Reputation: -2

May 10, 2009, 04:38 AM

My parents were first cousins (my two nans were sisters) I am in the uk so totally legal here, and none of us (5) kids have any problems deformities etc, nor do any of our kids now. Here in the uk first cousins are the closest you can be to be legal. It really doesn't cause any problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend has a huge crush on her cousin's boyfriend [ 25 Answers ]

Hey, Here's the situation. My friend has this huge crush on her cousin's boyfriend. She is very close with her cousin and her boyfriend. She really wishes to have him as her boyfriend and still lamented that her cousin is still in love with him. I told her that she can't do that because it is...

My period comes on the 16th or 17th of every month.it just came on the 18.am I pg? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for seven months and used a condom only twice.every time we make love he cums in me.. he's 29 and has no children so he's starting to think he's incapable of having children... I get my period on the 16th or 17th of every month but didn't get it until the 18th.....

No sign of my period since June 16th [ 11 Answers ]

So for the past few weeks I have been wondering where my period could be. Normally its dead on, around the mid part of the month. I know that my ovulation time was around the 6-11th of July and yes I did have unprotected sex numorously throughout that time. But today is the 1st of August and I...

Are we related? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay! This is a very bad situation! PLEASE help me out! I recently discovered that A guy I've been seeing is second cousins with my uncles wife ARE WE RELATED?. :( :( :eek:

My cousin's boyfriend took my car when I was sleeping and caused damage to my car [ 13 Answers ]

I slept over my cousin's house and her boyfriend, who lives with her, took my keys out of the room I was sleeping in and took my car for a joy ride. When I woke up I found damage done to my right side of my car and my driver side mirror hanging off. I contacted the police who said that I couldn't...

View more questions Search