Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmac183 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Check engine light
    I have a 2002 hyundai accent gl. 2.5 4cyl. The check engine light is on and stays on. The car drives good as long as the gas tank is full. Once the gas tank drops to half a tank or less it starts missing real bad. I have taken the car to two mechanics and they can't find the problem. I have several codes I got from autozone po442, evap system leak and to lean. Why would the car run good when its full of gas and miss when low in fuel.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 9, 2009, 05:02 AM

That misfire is probably due to an internal (to the tank) fuel system leak.
    Inspecting for that leak will require removing the tank from the vehicle.
    The P0442 will need hands-on diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

Where do you find the plug in to check the check engine light [ 16 Answers ]

I am trying to find the plug in where you plug in the computer to check the check engine light it a 1992 civic can anyone tell me where it located at and if you have picture that would be great thanks if you could tell me the color of the plug in and how many pin in it that would help me in finding...

Check engine light [ 3 Answers ]

My check engine light came on four days ago. The car still runs well. The light comes on every time I start and drive it for more than 3 minutes. Also where is the diag port if there is one. Bought the car used and its my first Honda.

Check engine light [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light goes on after 15 minutes of driving how do I check what's wrong?

Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex and the check engine light stays on, Also it takes 3 to 4 minutes to start the car.

View more questions Search