Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

May 7, 2009, 05:24 PM
    17 weeks pregnant.
    I'm 17 weeks pregnant ( 2nd pregnancy) and having a lot of back pain... lower back pain and my hips hurt as well. Is this normal for 4 months pregnant?
    This pregnancy is so different from my last... I did not have any back pain until my last month with my first.
    Do you think its true that your 2nd pregnancy is harder? Was it for you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
    This is very common. You will feel more with each subsequent pregnancy. Your third will be different than your second as well.
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

May 8, 2009, 06:57 AM

3rd? I don't think there will be a 3rd. Lol!
    Thanks for writing me back :)
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2009, 07:03 PM

I think it's normal, my second pregnancy is different then my first.
    I always thought the second pregnancy would be easier, I guess I was wrong lol. Good luck I hope you won't feel so much pain in the next few weeks.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2009, 07:12 PM

Yup, my second was much harder then my first, but the labor was a breeze compared to the first, so that's something. ;)

Good luck and congrats.
    heather7_1983 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
    My pregnancy was different each time also.(3) I think backpain is pretty normal during pregnancy, no matter how far you are! It sucks.. Good Luck!
    MaiaHoneybee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 08:05 PM

17 weeks into your 2nd pregnancy, you're probably showing sooner than you were with you're first and the quickly added baby weight might be what's hurting your back.

What worries me is you say lower back pain which could have originated from a UTI now turned into a kidney infection. Make an appt just to double check and in the meantime drink lots of water and sugar free Cranberry juice.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

17 weeks pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya! I am 17weeks pregnant and was wondering when you should start really showing. I have a little bump and my usual clothes don't fit no more. Some days my little bump is bigger than other days, id this normal? Also when do you first feel the baby usually? I know a big old kick won't be for a...

3 1/2 weeks Pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here goes I only had a period for 1 day last month and skipped this month completely... went to the doctor and had a blood test done it was positive... I am definitely pregnant about 3.5 weeks the weird thing is nothing fits I can't even button my jeans is this normal?

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

View more questions Search