Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Micro coil
    I install york, and my question is does any one know if there are any other brands that have micro channel coil units other than york and coleman?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Microchannel coil technology is widely used in the automotive industry to increase heat transfer efficiency while providing enhanced reliability through improved corrosion resistance, also Carrier is using micro channel coils in some units,
    It has its pros and cons I`m hearing
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 7, 2009, 09:35 PM
    One of the cons is when used with a heat pump. The coils have a problem de-icing. York says they now have that problem solved but we have not tested the new HP condensing units yet.

They do offer smaller square foot usage with the 13 and up rates. The strait A/C units we tested kicked A$$ but cleaning the coil could be a bit more difficult due to the nature of the beast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On coil/off coil temperature [ 2 Answers ]

What is on coil/ off coil temperature? What is the recommended on coil/ off coil temperature?

Converting an R22 A-Coil To a Water to Air Coil? [ 8 Answers ]

Converting an R22 A-Coil To a Water to Air Coil A friend of mine has a water to water geothermal unit for heating his home. He wants to use this same unit for cooling the house. Looking at water to air coils the prices are quite steep compared to the standard run of the mill A-Coils. We are...

On coil & off coil temperature [ 2 Answers ]

What is on coil/ off coil temperature? What is the recommended on coil/ off coil temperature?

Over the range micro. [ 6 Answers ]

Getting ready to install over the range micro. Opening for micro is tiled along with backsplash. Can these be installed over tile, or does tile have to be removed. If so, what is the easiest way to cut the tile with a straight edge on bottom for level alighnment with bottom of micro. Thanks

New Outside Condsing Unit, Bad indoor Coil - Go with Heat Pump or Buy New Coil? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, Here is my issue. Recently, our home warranty company paid to replace a 25 year old 7 SEER Borg Warner outside unit, but swore up and down that the indoor Borg Warner Coil would be OK with the new 10 SEER Carrier. We no longer have this home warranty company and they are not standing...

View more questions Search