Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JSCLEAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Starting a office cleaning business
    I am looking into starting my own office cleaning business. My question is when your first starting and you have NO current customer's to use as references. How can you tell a potential customer that you have NO customer's at this time, and at the same time assure them you can do the work? :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 25, 2006, 06:59 PM
    You can't. So you need to show references that would reflect your ability to handle the work. It doesn't necessarily have to be cleaning references.

Or you can offer money back guarantees or even do work on spec.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Remember all the offices you are going in to talk to, has someone already doing the cleaning, so they will be looking for , a better job done, getting it done cheaper. Or sadly they have not paid the last company and are looking for another one to cheat ( sad but happens)

So you go in, and talk to them, don't tell them you don't have customers if they don't ask. You may be surprised how many people won't ask.

And a lot of it will be your selling ability to make them "think" you are the best person for this.
    JSCLEAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Thank you for your response. I had thought about a discount, in hopes it would be enough? Also you are right, my selling abilities are going to be my biggest challenge right now. Thanks, your input was much appreciated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a Cleaning Service. Advice? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm thinking about starting a cleaning service in my area, where I would specialize in cleaning rentals and brand new houses. I am currently out in my area talking to people to see if they think it would be a service they would use. So I really am just in the beginning stages. I'm wondering...

Starting a cleaning service [ 6 Answers ]

Hello experts, Im located in Louisville Ky and I was interested in starting a cleaning service without tuns of money invested. Some of the things I would like to know is were do I start in terms of utilities and supplies, and what are the best markets or clients best suited for this carrer...

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..

View more questions Search