Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Confused about what he means?
    The other day my boyfriend of nine months told me that I was selfish because I think my problems are more important then every one else's. I don't even get that because I rarely even talk about my problems or even mention them to anyone. I don't know what to do now because I don't want to keep things bottled up inside but I don't want to seem self centered either? I mean I always try to make everyone else happy and I act happy myself. One day I was crying and I told him why and he said he was so sorry for telling me I was selfish but then I don't know if he really meant it or if he was just saying that out of pity :confused:
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 7, 2009, 04:09 PM

Most people are pretty self centered. I wouldn't worry about it. He might have said it in anger or meant it about a certain situation.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

May 7, 2009, 04:32 PM

Well, ask him what he was talking about. What circumstances that it happened under. Communication is needed in all relationships. Maybe there was a misunderstanding or something
    SiMpLy mE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

May 7, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_Kara View Post
    Well, ask him what he was talking about. What circumstances that it happened under. Communication is needed in all relationships. Maybe there was a misunderstanding or something
    Well the thing is I'm at a private boarding school and I'm not allowed to talk to him because we got in trouble, so if I talk to him I get expelled from school

May 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMpLy mE View Post
    well the thing is im at a private boarding school and im not allowed to talk to him because we got in trouble, so if i talk to him i get expelled from school
    How did you talk to him about the selfish thing? I know you can't talk to him until the end of the year, but somehow you have to let him know how you feel. Feelings that are kept bottled can slowly deteriorate a relationship no matter how strong.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
    SimplyMe or Pokerface? Which one are you?

May 7, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    SimplyMe or Pokerface? Which one are you?
    They are the same. She just posted off a friend's account then I think she decided to get her own
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMpLy mE View Post
    well the thing is im at a private boarding school and im not allowed to talk to him because we got in trouble, so if i talk to him i get expelled from school
    Hey simply me... U know who this is? HAHAHA
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Alias abuse is frowned upon at AMHD without a reasonable explanation, one or both members is subject to being banned.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface5 View Post
    ..... he said he was so sorry for telling me i was selfish but then i dont know if he really meant it or if he was just saying that out of pity :confused:
    You are sure to yourself that you're not selfish and he already said sorry, what else seems to be the problem?

Ask him back why in the world he thought you're selfish in a first place and that you're not convinced that he's really sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Anyone Tell Me What This Means ? [ 9 Answers ]

10815 Hello I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this means?! and thanks for anyone who's going to try to help me =D

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

Can anyone tell what this means? [ 8 Answers ]

I had a dream a few nights ago it was quite traumatic, I dreamt my parents sold my car and forced me to drive a car I really didn't want to and when I tried I couldn't, as much as I tried it wouldn't work and started spinning out of control, then it switched to my friends village where I was with...

Confused over what "time" really means [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I were together for over a year. He is an independent filmmaker and I'm finishing up my last year at university. We had a great relationship and I'd stay over at his place four days out of the week and over all holidays and semester breaks. We'd share bills and time with each...

This means nothing to me... [ 3 Answers ]

"Oh Vienna..." so sang Midge Your,and Ultravox in 1981.Odd then that with Windows Vista,due for release Xmas 2006,that Redmond and co,are already working on the next OS. It's code name is Vienna.I checked a reputable link,to see if it was a joke: ...

View more questions Search