Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssp2yssp12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Figuring out how much I owe... Part II...
    Hi ATL Tax Expert:
    Thanks for your response! My only question to your answer is why my federal tax liability would be 34,100 based on 150K income? I worked half a year making 67K and the other half of the year making 83K. Therefore, wouldn't my federal tax be based on the average of 67K and 83K, about 75K? Similarly, shouldn't all the local tax liabilities be based in half the annual salaries I made since I only worked 6 months in DC and 6 in NY?Thanks for letting me know.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 27, 2006, 04:41 PM
    For federal, it' baed on yoir cumulative salary, not the average.

Your state tax liabilitie ARE baed on the salary in each state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Figuring out how much I owe [ 9 Answers ]

I moved this past June from Washington, DC to NYC. I am trying to figure out how much more in taxes I might have to pay, besides what is taken out of my paycheck biweekly. I am a single person with no dependents so I have the standard deductions for a single filer. The first half of the year, I...

Need Help Figuring Out A Show From The 90's! [ 3 Answers ]

All I remember is at the starting there was a light ( I thought it was a light bulb but my brother says it was a ghost ). I remember the kids would talk to it... All I remember is this part of the series: Where there was this little purple monster doll thing. He wore a black leather jacket......

I need help with figuring this out [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Sorry, this may be kind of long, but advise me if you can. I am a college student (senior) and I met a guy 3 years ago as a freshman. (Yes, we had sex... safe sex of course). I don't really remember why we stopped talking 3 years ago, but I recently saw him on the street....

I need a part [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a pair of dome lights for a 67-69 camaro. However, they did not include the clips and wire stubs to connect the bulbs. Where do I find these sockets?

Part - this will help 90% of you [ 5 Answers ]

Seems like 90% of the posts are on heartache... Follow this stuff CLOSELY - get a life - your lover is PART of your life - not your life: Most heartache is because one person over communicates and becomes needy-clingy: When dating, have you wondered why it seems it's the ones that you...

View more questions Search