Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hockeythug05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2003, 09:52 PM
    New rims, shaking problem
    I have a 98 Nissan Sentra GXE and recently purchased a set of 17" chrome wheels for it. Since I got them the steering wheel has been shaking and I've had lots of vibration problems after about 40 mph. The thing that confuses me is that I will make a turn and the vibrations will stop, then I will make another turn and they will start again. The place I bought them from has re-balanced them a number of times and even tried a different set of tires and nothing worked. The rims are Mondera Spyder's and the tire size is 205/40/17. Someone please explain to me what the problem is.
    zahu1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2003, 02:42 PM
    new rims, shaking problem
    I can almost say that one of the rims are bent, but the naked eye can not see it. Get the rims replaced and the problem should go away.
    devilmec Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Get you tourqe checked on your lugs and check also have them check the wheel stud spacing and make sure it matches your rims.
    Also there are 2 difrent typs of lugs that fit difrent rims there's a v noch type that looks like a v were the lug comes in contact with the rim and a flat nut that's flat on the rim
    You can tell these apart by looking at your rim it the lug holes are concaved like a cone than you need the v noch type

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaking screen [ 11 Answers ]

?? My screen is shaking slightly. Please help!!

Dog shaking head [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is constantly shaking her head and flopping her ears from side to side. There is no visible infection in them or anything else that I can see. What could it be?

My motor is shaking [ 2 Answers ]

I just took my 91 honda civic for a 5 hour ride yesterday in the pouring rain. About half way in the trip my car started losing speed so I got on the side of the road and turned it off. After 10 minutes of letting it cool off I drove it the rest of the way. Sometimes it would lose speed/other times...

Lightest rims for 85 Chevy G20 Van? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an 85 Chevy G20 Van. 15" rims. I would like to know what are the lightest rims I could get for this. Alloy? Aluminum? Other? I'm looking to improve gas mileage and have good looking rims. What are the drawbacks of the different types of metals? Could you direct me to...

Shaking and whining [ 1 Answers ]

For the last week my lhasa female dog has been waking me up during the middle of the night crying and shaking the only time I have seen her do this is during a thunder storm,she is very frightened when it storms.Why would she be doing this otherwise? She does not have to go outside I tried that. ...

View more questions Search