Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghbogen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Best way to learn how to play computer games
    I would appreciate your suggestions as to the best way to learn how to play computer games
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Two things that will help.
    1/ Read the manual/instructions that came with the game.
    2/ Play and play and play and play.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
    I agree with Curly.

Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play Play

Practice makes perfect!
    ittle Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 05:35 PM
    I think he's talking about all comp. games. I agree with reading the manual, make sure to play play play to get to know the controls, (make sure to have a good mouse) and enough room, ( I need it for halo) and just have fun.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 10, 2006, 11:14 PM
    These guys have all given you the "basics" which is the foundation to be good at any game, but eventually you will reach a level where you will get good enough to branch out. Basically it goes like this, I suppose you are playing against someone, not a computer, and what you need to do is always up the level of difficulty of your opponent, by going out and trying to face better opponents. This is how I really got good at halo 2, and I went to the New York, Anahiem, and Chicago tournaments. You eventually have to keep upgrading your opponents so you can increase your talent.

Oct 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Very very true, for example an internet game, ping pong, I was killing the computer but when I went against real dudes, I got slaughtered.
    TVman72 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ghbogen
    I would appreciate your suggestions as to the best way to learn how to play computer games
    Great question. The best way to learn is, if you are playing a game from a cd look at the manual inside the cd cases, or if it is internet games, get into a safe area and try things out for example pressing all the buttons on the keyboard.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 29, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Start small. Don't begin with games that have attack combos that are 15 characters long, or games that have a storyline which is just way over your head.

Practice, make time for it and don't stress over it. Good things take time, even better things take commitment.

Have plenty of soda on-hand. (Someone back me up on this please?)
    Make some friends, exchange tips.
    Don't forget to have fun. IT IS just a game. ;)

Oct 31, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentra
    Start out small. Don't begin with games that have attack combos that are 15 characters long, or games that have a storyline which is just way over your head.

Practice, make time for it and don't stress over it. Good things take time, even better things take commitment.

Make some friends, exchange tips.
    Don't forget to have fun. IT IS just a game. ;)

this is me nodding my head in agreement , =], (specially at the coke one, I love coke) ,

oh and wizzkid, I TOTALLY, COMPLETELY agree with your signature, dude.. it is really shameful. Thanks!:rolleyes:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 1, 2006, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentra
    I personally stick to the caffeine free variety. No alcohol though, slows reaction time and impairs judgement. :)

Nov 1, 2006, 04:55 AM
    Hahaha! Indeed Thomas:)

And if anyone plays the medival time themed MMO's... yeah, you know which ones.

NEVER, ever ever drink a Red Bull right before heading out on a raid for a quest item.

Bad times.

Nov 1, 2006, 05:28 AM
    I agree. I'm currently playing Rome Total War. Rome wasn't built in a day, but you could sure as heck destroy it in an hour with a drunken, agitated commander at the helm. :)

Nov 1, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Right on, Thomas1970! Lol. Medieval, Rome and that other game in the Total War series is at the store on sale with all three games inside one package. Haven't played it yet, good?

Nov 1, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Yep, all three are great. I beat Shogun Total War on the expert level years ago. I was playing Medieval Total War until my brother-in-law bought me Rome. Haven't beat either one of those yet, but I'm getting close on Rome. Well worth it. Medieval Total War II is due out soon.

Nov 1, 2006, 05:41 AM
    I'm there.

"Make Love, Not WarCraft" xD

Nov 1, 2006, 05:49 AM
    That's one I've yet to play. I enjoyed WarCraft 2. Haven't tried 3 yet. :)

Nov 1, 2006, 05:57 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/games/...ite-40193.html

Cool! "Make Love Not WarCraft" is a South Park gaming spoof, FUNNY, go see it and there's a new thread!

Nov 1, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Cool. I'll have to check that episode out. I'd never even heard of it, not watching the show that often. :)
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 1, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Yeah, caffeine used to work in my earlier days but not anymore, I have retired from professional gaming, but when I was playing, which was about 6-7 months ago, I chewed gum and other little things like that to keep me awake.

Nov 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Lighting a candle next to you while you play helps too, especially if you play at night. Not only does it smell good, but its hard to fall asleep when you know there is a fire hazard right next to you. ((Other than the overheating PC from all the gaming going on, lol.))

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Learn polish [ 2 Answers ]

If sameone is interested in learn polish I can help.Instead someone may help me improwe my english.

I want to learn about programing [ 11 Answers ]

I'm somewhat of a computer geek and I want my knowledge to increase this site helps a lot but I want to learn about programing, is there anybooks for beginners like me that will get me started

How will my dog learn to tell me she has to go out? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 month old female westie. We've had her for about 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks, she has been on an antibiotic for a UTI. During that time, she has had numerous accidents in the house-understandably so-due to the nature of her illness. In the one good week we have had so far, she has...

Computer won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there When I tried to play a dvd on my PC on powerdvd it says 'The powerdvd Direct show decorder filters have not been installed properly' But I never use this and have never unistalled it or anything like that it came with the PC when I bought it 3 years ago and used to work fine , I also...

View more questions Search