Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achuroy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Babyboy or babygirl
    Hi,

I would like to know whether my baby is baby girl or baby boy... can anyone tell me how can I get result before I go for ultrasound... thanks in advance.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 7, 2009, 12:21 AM
    You'll need to wait for the ultrasound as we aren't psychic...

I can tell you one thing though, it's a BABY.
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 7, 2009, 01:11 AM

They sell a gender prediction test at walgreens for like $30. I don't know how accurate it is but its worth a try...
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

May 7, 2009, 03:24 AM

In india, the baby's sex is not disclosed,, this is the only prediction one can make... I donno how far this is true,,
    HPT brand Velocit by Ranbaxy,,,
    I was told that hCG in the mother's body is high if a gal baby is conceived and low if it's a boy,, that's in the initial stages,,
    In velocit, 2 lines gives +ve result,, if one of the 2 lines is lighter, it's a boy,, if both are equally dark, it's a gal,,
    We experimented it once and our prediction was right,,
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 7, 2009, 04:56 PM

Just to add to everyone else... even an ultrasound is 100% accurate.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ang8318 View Post
    Just to add to everyone else...even an ultrasound is 100% accurate.
    I think you mean that it is NOT 100% accurate
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 8, 2009, 10:08 AM

Thanks J9... thats what I meant. I swear every time I get pregnant a part of my brain disappears!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2009, 10:21 AM

It's either a boy or a girl, I'm positive!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 10:26 AM

Well, if you conceived during a full or waxing moon, it's probably a girl.

If you conceived during a new or waning moon, it's probably a boy.

BUT--the only way to find out FOR SURE is to complete a perfect handstand within a circle of candles surrounded by a moat of water, with music by either the BeeGees or the Four Seasons playing in the background.

It helps if you do this naked, but it's not a requirement.

(Seriously--you will know for sure whether it's a girl or a boy on the day you give birth)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

There's a neat trick you can do to find out-- but it's only for entertainment.

Get a needle and a string. Put the string through the needle. Hang it over your belly or have someone do it for you-- if it goes in circles it's a girl if it goes in a straight line it's a boy.

Have fun.

I did it when I was pregnant and well it "came" true :)

Also see: Pink or Blue: A Guide to Determining Gender

Remember it's only for fun don't take it seriously.

Sarah
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

I did that for both my pregnancies, it was wrong both times.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 10:59 AM

Iknow that there is something about the baby's heart beat. One sex is much faster than the other... but I don't remember which
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    Iknow that there is something about the babys heart beat. one sex is much faster than the other....but i don't remeber which
    One belief that has been around for some time, and even had some acceptance in the medical community at one point, is that the fetal heartbeat differs for boys and girls. If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140. However, that pesky science has reared its little head again to say that this is complete fiction. A baby's heart rate is not affected by its sex until it is born, when a girl's heart rate will increase considerably compared with boys during labor.

Taken from: Wives Tales & Myths: Boy or Girl? Fact or Fiction?

Sarah
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2009, 08:28 PM

mudweiser the needle and the string was soooo right for me... it was a straight line and yes indeed am expecting a little man!! Woooohoooo
    stormtang Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 10:56 PM
    I've heard if you carry high and forward your having a girl and if it's low and sideward lol it's a boy was right for me and my sister in law so maybe it will be for you to. Just say not possitive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    Iknow that there is something about the babys heart beat. one sex is much faster than the other....but i don't remeber which
    This is a myth. The normal heartbeat for a baby is 110 - 160 beats per minute. Has nothing to do with the sex of the baby only the health and stress level of the baby inutero.

Quote Originally Posted by stormtang View Post
    i've heard if you carry high and forward your having a girl and if it's low and sideward lol it's a boy was right for me and my sister in law so maybe it will be for you to. just say not possitive
    This is also a myth. Every woman's body is built differently, and we all carry our babies differently. It all depends on the size and shape of the pelvis as well as the position/tilt of the uterus along with the location of the placenta.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FiancŽ leaving me and taking our 9 mo babygirl [ 5 Answers ]

I got together with my fiancé, (or ex-fiance), during the tail end of her 3+ year herion addiction. She got clean about 3 months into the relationship and got pregnant 2 months later. On June 23rd, 2007 we had a beautiful baby girl in our lives. We both agreed that she would be a stay at home mom...

Babygirl [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I lost my Dog Babygirl on 12/2/06, she was like my kid. My Dad went to my house to let her out and she was laying there and would not get up, and all around her was grany looking blood that she had pooed out. We got her to the vet and finally found a vein, it took us for ever because she had...

View more questions Search