Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph527 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Title/author ? Book I read 5(?) yrs ago, historical romance
    I read a book maybe 5-10 years ago about the life of a Russian Countess. This was a fictional historical (some romance) novel. Thought maybe Danielle Steele but was not. Along the lines of her books. The young countess was a ballet dancer & was cousins with the tzar of russia. She fled russia w/ her grandmother to paris when her father & brother were killed in the revolution. She met a US soldier during WWI & then came to america. Her husband then died around the crash of 29. She then worked in a clothing store. I know this is very vague but I was talking to some friends about this book & a couple remember reading it also but have no idea who the author is or the title of the book. THANKS
    Ashriel Posts: 52, Reputation: 8

May 22, 2009, 03:59 PM

Could it be "Granny Dan" by Danielle Steel?

Granny Dan is Danina Petroskova - Danielle Steel - Granny Dan - Epinions.com
    vickid1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
    This is about a young girl in the 1700's who is in the care of her granmother along with her younger brothers and sisters. I think there is an arranged marriage but the gentlemen turns out to be a homesexual. It ends with her planning a trip to the United States. It's a wonderful book full of old fashioned medicinal and household recipes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of book and author historical romance time travel [ 2 Answers ]

It was about the mid 80's when I read the book and it was set in current time the woman jumped or fell into her pool and came out of the water in the 1800's fell in love with someone and then jumped or fell into a river near the end and came up back in the future some how I think she gets back to...

Need title and author of a young adult romance book [ 1 Answers ]

I read a good book when I was 14 years old and I can't remember the title or author, I would like to get the book for my little sister. Please help! The book is about a woman whose older sister is getting married but the night before, her sister runs away with another man! So the woman is forced...

Looking for title and author of a historical romance book [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can tell me the title and/or author of this book I would greatly appreciate it. It is about two sisters who live in the U.S. Their parents die and they have to move to somewhere in England to live with their aunt. Well the aunt keeps the younger of the two and sends the oldest to...

Trying to find title/author of Historical romance novel? [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for a title/author of a romance novel - I believe it is a historical/medieval. It had two sisters in it an the hero is set to marry the annoying sister but has feelings for/desires the other sister who is also getting married. On her wedding night he claims droit de seigneur on the...

View more questions Search