Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t_penski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Probation
    I got a 5 yr sentence in harris county, Texas. I have done almost 3 yrs. What are the possibilites of getting off? I was charged with arson. Please give me some advise.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 25, 2006, 12:10 PM
    Umm you were already convicted, so its really not a matter of getting off, unless you can find some evidence that proves your innocence.

As to what your chances are of parole, no way we can answer that. None of us sits on the Texas parole board (that I know of). We have no clue to what's happened during the three years you have been incarcerated. No idea about the specififc situation or anything else to base an opinion.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Hello t:

I don't think Scott noticed the title of your question.

Your probation officer should know the procedure in your jurisdiction. If she doesn't ask her supervisor. If you've followed your conditions, I'd let you off. But, I don't think they want my recommendation.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Is the 5 years probation or imprisonment? If it's imprisonment that you may be eligible for parole by now. If it's probation, then it's not likely you'll get off early. As it is, the system believes they've already cut you a break by giving you probation instead of incarcerating you so getting of early is probably not an option. As it is, the arson that you were charged with must have been quite serious and done a lot of damage for you to get such a stiff sentence as 5 years to begin with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Law [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has gotten the probation officer from hell and I should know because even I have been threatened by this woman and I am the supposed victim. He and I both want him to just fulfill the terms of his probation and get on with our lives but within ethical reason. My husband works between...

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I was placed on probation for a year for grand theft under 3,000 in fees. Time is up oct. 15-06 I have not been able to pay any money but I have completed all community hrs. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and did not know it I had my child 6-13-06 he passed on 6-30-06 though I have not had...

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

Probation and a job [ 2 Answers ]

An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!

View more questions Search