Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadykorn Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 06:19 PM

No we aren't the same person. Why , would it be differnet consequences if it was me or him ?

May 7, 2009, 06:19 PM
    You understand what happened don't you
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 7, 2009, 06:24 PM

I think so. I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. Just stay out of trouble and you should have smooth sailing :)

May 7, 2009, 06:28 PM
    One time I forgot to pay a ticket. By the time I remembered to pay it, I had a warrant. I worried that I could be arrested just going in to pay it, but luckily they just let me pay it and did not arrest me. If you went in and asked if you had any past unpaid fines and they said no, they also would have known if you had a warrant for anything else. You're safe! YIPPE!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 07:16 PM

No, if you merely went to the court house where you may owe fines they may not have a NCIC access to see if there are warrants in other areas nor may they know of a even a local warrant.

You will need to get a actuall police background check to know if there are any warrants
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 08:18 PM

Yes we are watching them . HUMMMM
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    no, if you merely went to the court house where you may owe fines they may not have a NCIC access to see if there are warrants in other areas nor may they know of a even a local warrant.

You will need to get a actuall police background check to know if there are any warrants

Absolutely - and I've posted this before. The Courthouse records and Police records are two different things.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadykorn View Post
    So they probably would have to question him before they charged him for it ? they wouldnt just put out warrant or summons......?

It would be an arrest warrant, not a summons, if the Police are so inclined.

May 8, 2009, 07:55 AM

Shady, if you've been shady in more than your local court jurisdiction you should check county state and national too, to be sure you don't have a warrant sitting around somewhere. You can go to the Sheriff's office and ask for a background check and they can run you through their computer system to see if anything comes up from anywhere in the country.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    shady, if you've been shady in more than your local court jurisdiction you should check county state and national too, to be sure you don't have a warrant sitting around somewhere. You can go to the Sheriff's office and ask for a background check and they can run you through their computer system to see if anything comes up from anywhere in the country.

In my area (NY) the Police are connected to the nationwide system. If the Police don't have it in one jurisdiction, they don't have it in another.

I'm sure this varies from State to State.

When I run a background I go to one Police Department.

May 8, 2009, 12:58 PM

But if he shoplifted in that township woulnt it be in their computers? And wouldn't his PO have found out when he ran a routine warrant check on him

May 8, 2009, 01:00 PM

Right , and he checked with the township courts and they had no warrants on him... and what about his PO finding out
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 01:25 PM

If there was no complaint, no arrest warrant, there's nothing to put on the computer so, no, it wouldn't be on the Township's computer.

May 8, 2009, 01:30 PM

Information obtained on this site may or may not be accurate. All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author alone.

NCIC is available to Federal, state, and local law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies and is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

In compliance with the TOS I am simply offering my view and/or opinion only. In the giving of my view or opinion, I do not in any way imply or state a relationship of any kind.

If you are still worried, why not call the local court house you went to and ask them if they have NCIC access and if they used that to tell you that you had no past fines. If you lived in my neck of the woods, the Sheriff at the court house could do that for you ~and check for warrants too

May 8, 2009, 01:34 PM

My opinion is that the PO is not going to find out. This happened 3 months ago? It is my opinion and my view that if the PO was going to find out he would have found out by now.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    My personal opinion is that the PO is not going to find out. This happened 3 months ago? It is my opinion and my view that if the PO was going to find out he would have found out by now.

Agreed - I would think (aside from the conversational/advice aspect) that if ANYONE intended to do anything, they would have done it by now.

May 8, 2009, 05:38 PM

Also he was pulled over for running a red light so when the cop ran his name then wouldn't warrant have come up or do they not do a NCIC check on traffic stops... this was like a month ago

May 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Maybe he should do one of these online warrant checks?? Its not possible warrant is out and he isn't notified and his PO never ran his name to check recently< But still I think he would be brought in for questioning first...

May 8, 2009, 05:46 PM

Yeah but doesn't that look suspicious, if they already told him he has no warrants , why would he go and say "just wondering if you did NCIC check" Don't you think his PO runs his name once in a while to make sure he doesn't have warrants.. guess he could pay to do one online, but really I think he would have heard either in mail , by police visit to house , or when he got pulled over for a traffic stop a month ago..

May 8, 2009, 05:47 PM
    What no one seems to know is if store wanted to get him for it , would he be questioned first and then charged , sent court summons, just have warrant, or what? Isn't there a process that this whole thing goes by ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mercedes E320/License plate ideas! [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so I am thinking about buying a Mercedes Benz E320.. does anyone have a car & have problems with this model?? & I also need a cute license plate idea to personalize my plates. Below are some of my interests. BLH--initials Beach Shopping Blonde Love Pink... Just something cute &...

Vanity License Plate [ 1 Answers ]

How much are 2 "09OBAMA" California vanity personal license plates worth?

GM truck license plate bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to change the license plate bulbs on a 1998 GMC Jimmy? They don't appear to be accessible from the bottom. What's the secret?

View more questions Search