Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedodger31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor - Front Axle
    Hi,

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a twisted front axle. Since I will need to replace this soon, I'd figure to replace the welded axle with a cast iron replacement. I called the SEARS 1-800 number to get a similar models which would be a universal cast iron axle I could order & replace. SEARS customer service rep wasn't very helpful and wouldn't offer other model numbers to help me with my request.

The Model Number is 917.271635.

Thanks in advance for your remarks!

Bluedodger31
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2006, 03:37 AM
    I'd call another one.. these mowers are identical.. basically the same mower with a steel stamped can take a cast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Weedeater lawn tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weedeater lawn tractor age unknown but 5-8 years guessing with a 12.5 briggs engine, went to start it last week and clicking was all I got so tried to manually turn crankshaft and it was froze, this week I got to tinkering with it and was able to turn shaft and it fired up like always,...

Bad solenoid in lawn tractor? [ 2 Answers ]

I was installing a new solenoid in my lawn tractor. The new solenoid posts were bigger than the eyelets in the cable connections. I drilled them out a bit. While tightening the cable connections onto the solenoid the posts in the solenoid began to spin... did I ruin the solenoid?:(

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt? Thanks, Charlie

View more questions Search