Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christina41 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 01:30 PM
    My son died 14years ago
    My son died 14years ago.is he OK,does ho know I love him,is he alone,is he happy.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:34 PM

We can only hope that everything is for the best. I am sure your son is still at peace and loves you very much and knows that you love him. I am sure he is very happy with God now.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 05:05 PM

Since this is not a psychic board we have no clue.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 08:56 PM
    No one can know the answer to these questions.

I think the real questions are -

Are you OK?

Have you got love and support around you?

Are you happy?

These are the things, I am sure, that your son would want.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2009, 08:59 PM

I truly believe that our loved ones are always with us somehow. Not in body, but in spirit.

I'm not pyschic, but I have suffered loss. I know what you're going throuh and I can only tell you that I'm sure he knew how much you loved him, how much his loss hurt you. He wouldn't want you to spend your life mourning his loss, he'd want you to go on, just like you'd want him to go on had you died instead of him.

I wish you all the best. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    We can only hope that everything is for the best. I am sure your son is still at peace and loves you very much and knows that you love him. I am sure he is very happy with God now.

And how do you know this? Why are you so sure?

To the OP - unfortunately there are no answers to this question but I personally believe you carry your loved ones with you, in your heart, wherever you go.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And how do you know this? Why are you so sure?

To the OP - unfortunately there are no answers to this question but I personally believe you carry your loved ones with you, in your heart, wherever you go.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Just trying to help her, I figured she was here for comfort or she wouldn't have came here. Please, don't hate me for it.

Thanks!

May 13, 2009, 03:22 AM
    Thanks to all for your kind words,and to person who replied this isn't psychic board,I know that,its place to share and chat,and receive support,so please don't reply unless you have something decent to say,how inconsiderate of you! Losing a child is something I would never wish on anyone.

Thanks everybody for kind words,I want to contact a medium,but have always been told not to,what are your views on this,I feel it may put my mind at rest,and help me to move on.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by christina41 View Post

Thanks to all for your kind words,and to person who replied this isnt psychic board,i know that,its place to share and chat,and receive support,soo please dont reply unless you have something decent to say,how inconsiderate of you! losing a child is something i would never wish on anyone.

Thanks everybody for kind words,i want to contact a medium,but have always been told not to,what are your views on this,i feel it may put my mind at rest,and help me to move on.
    That is something you can decide, I am sure there will be others by here to share their thoughts. I hope you took my words as kind.

May 13, 2009, 04:07 PM
    That is something you can decide, I am sure there will be others by here to share their thoughts. I hope you took my words as kind.
    [your words were very kind,thank you so much,I had a bit of a prob with person who said it wasn't psychic board,as I already knew that,but felt could come on for abit of support,which I got,not sarcastic comments,when you have suffered a loss,inconsiderate people do make stupid remarks and it does hurt.

Has anyone been to a medium,what was the experience like?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 04:16 PM

The person who said that to you prides himself on being a Christian, is always on the
    Christian threads, has chided me for my beliefs in the past.

Moving on - I have never been to a medium. I'm not a believer. I have friends who have, who do believe, who felt they actually were contacted by a deceased loved one. One of my friends claims she talked to no one, the psychic guessed the initials of the person she desperately wanted to contact - both the first AND the middle initial, both uncommon - and told her that someone in her immediate family would be joining her loved one (in this case, her husband), shortly. Her mother died 30 days later.

As I said - I'm not a believer and think a LOT of people out there take advantage of people who are hurting but maybe not everything in life can be explained.

I would do, give, pay anything to get a message from my late husband - but it has never happened. I have never felt his presence. I envy people who do believe there is contact from beyond the grave, I truly do.

If your heart will stop hurting by consulting with a medium, I say do it - whatever makes YOU feel better.

May 14, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    The person who said that to you prides himself on being a Christian, is always on the
    Christian threads, has chided me for my beliefs in the past.

Moving on - I have never been to a medium. I'm not a believer. I have friends who have, who do believe, who felt they actually were contacted by a deceased loved one. One of my friends claims she talked to no one, the psychic guessed the initials of the person she desperately wanted to contact - both the first AND the middle initial, both uncommon - and told her that someone in her immediate family would be joining her loved one (in this case, her husband), shortly. Her mother died 30 days later.

As I said - I'm not a believer and think a LOT of people out there take advantage of people who are hurting but maybe not everything in life can be explained.

I would do, give, pay anything to get a message from my late husband - but it has never happened. I have never felt his presence. I envy people who do believe there is contact from beyond the grave, I truly do.

If your heart will be stop hurting by consulting with a medium, I say do it - whatever makes YOU feel better.
    Thank you for your comforting words,its been 14 yrs and doesn't get any easier. I have 2 more beautiful children,and have come out of a long depression to study to become a counsellor and psychologist,I'm doing so well and gaining excellent qualifications and am nearly at my goal,but my sons death is still so painful,and I feel something is missing from my life. Maybe a good medium can put my mind at rest once and for all,I think its worth a try.

Thank you so much.xxxxxxxx
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 10:09 AM

You have to come to a place of peace and you have to find that place doing whatever works for you.

I will miss my husband forever but I am also having trouble finding peace.

I wish you well - let us know how it works out.
    candyfloss7 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

May 26, 2009, 03:37 AM
    Hi
    I am so sorry about your son, to loose a child must be so devastating , I lost my husband at 44 years old and many thoughts went through my head just like you have had going through yours , I found this web page that seemed to me a very good place to look, I don't know your religious beliefs but my personal belief is Christian - non denominational and to be honest It has helped me a lot to read through this site ,I don't know if I post this address below if it will be allowed but I will try:

What Happens When We die - Truth About Death

I wish you peace and happiness , if we stay negative and dwell on our loved ones not being here in the world anymore it can only lead to self destruction and misery, try to concentrate on what the future will bring and live with the belief you will be re-united in the future, not easy but worth trying.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:07 AM

I believe that our departed can 'look in on us'

I also believe that God knows the inner most part of our heart.
    Also the Bible says let the children come to me
    And it also talks about the age of countability so it is very likely he is in heaven watching over your shoulder.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:20 AM
    My condolences to you for your tragic loss. I'm sure he's in a better place now. Don't hesitate to talk with a professional to help you deal with your grief.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 05:22 PM

You are doing a wonderful thing going on to help other people,I found my direction by changing careers.

I talk to my daughter,I agree with judykaytee that you carry them with you.
    I'm also a christian and my faith has helped,but most of all for me,what helped me through the grieving process was talking about what happened.

I kept a journal,and wrote down everything I could think of about her,I keep it by my bed and jot down thoughts,memories.

Grief is such a personal thing,I really don't think you ever get over the death of a loved one,you learn to live with it,you've probably heard that a million times,but you can find your way,and helping other people through those muddy waters can also help with your healing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom died.who's next? [ 25 Answers ]

On Friday, September 26th, my mom lost her battle with lung cancer. I was with her holding her hand when she died and I thought I was having a heart attack. All I could hear was the fast beating of my heart in my ears. I never imagined that I would be the one to watch her die. My wonderful...

Martin died feb 23 I died feb 23 [ 12 Answers ]

My soulmate my life my smile was taken from me feb 23 after 3 weeks in intensive care . He waited for me I got goodbye but it doesn't make it easier. He was 45 he would have been 46 4 days after he died . People say times a healer but at the moment I find every day gets harder and lonlier still...

My fiancŽ Broke up with me after 14years, I have 2 kids with her [ 5 Answers ]

My Fiancé Broke up with me after 14years, I have 2 kids with her Hello all.. Ive been reading through many experiences from other peoples personal problems and Im glad I've found a site like this to gain some advice and maybe confidence to help me get through my break up. After 14 years...

My mum has just died [ 3 Answers ]

How can I hold my family together my husband has had 10 years of life with me and has told me unless I change my attitude he will take my beatifull boys and laeave me what can I do to prevent this please I love my kids and husband to bits

View more questions Search