Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grobins Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Is this a Power Glide transmission?
    Is this a Power Glide trans and if so for what applications. I have tried researching online but can't find an exact match. Any help is appreciated. Marked 2400066 2A. I believe that's the important number but here are some others from the case. F2464425 & 1113055 & L23MR. Thank you.

TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 12:14 PM

Looks like they are. They used to be used in Plymouths and Dodges, from 1950 to 1970. Often used with their 318 cu. in. engine.
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2009, 05:14 PM

The name power glide, rings a bell. Were also used in chevrolet.they were a 2 speed tranny,they were air cooled and fluid cooled.came in , impala biscaine.never saw one just heard of them . A lot of racing applications for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Tahoe Passenger Power Windows and Both Power Seats not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The passenger side windows stopped working and both passenger and driver power seats stopped working. All of this happened at the same time. I saw this same problem posted by another user back in January but I didn't see a clear answer. Does anybody know how to fix...

Getting frameless shower doors to glide properly [ 7 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting one of the doors to glide across the track. It is hanging plumb. I noticed the inside of the top track was a little rough in places and I smoothed it out with some steel wool but the door still doesn't want to glide. I even put some white grease on the rollers. 12599...

Squeaky GE dryer & it's not the bearings or glide pads [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a ge profile dryer and it makes the most horrendus squeakingnoise! I've taken the thing apart, changed out thee glide pads (that didn't work) and now I've got the drum out and upon playing with the thing, I think it's the motor or the fan that's squeaking, what do I do now? Please help :)

View more questions Search