Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 30, 2003, 04:56 AM
    "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdo
    Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message:

Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed -
    The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a screen-capture software... (if not... I would never be able to ask this question)

Anyway... what's a 'dwwin.exe'?

psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Oct 17, 2003, 07:54 PM
    "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shu
    Maybe this will help:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1029715523

~psi42
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2003, 09:47 AM
    Re: "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shu
    QQAple, psi42 is on the right track. The site he link is a pretty good site about solving that dwwin.exe problem .

Here, this site tells you what it is:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,640479,00.asp

You can disable dwwin.exe which is a Dr. Watson error-collector and reporting tool, in your registry like so:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

Or you can download dwwin.exe to try to repair it, here:

http://ausgereifft.architektur.rwth-.../SP1/i368/drw/

Otherwise, try also doing WINDOWS UPDATE from the "TOOLS" option at top of IE menu .

Jessicaluvzpaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 27, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message:

Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed -
    The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a screen-capture software... (if not... I would never be able to ask this question)

Anyway... what's a 'dwwin.exe'?
    janisj Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
    "dwwin.exe-DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handling the "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" message. [ 3 Answers ]

Re: "dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can disable dwwin.exe which is a Dr. Watson error-collector and reporting tool, in your registry like so: ...

Dwwin.exe initialization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hai I am senthil here. When I try to shut down the windows xp operating system , the following error is coming and then the system is shuts down . "dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed. the application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down". I need...

Computer 'forgetting' certain file types and dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed [ 5 Answers ]

The last couple of days, something strange has started happening with Windows. When I first start up the computer, everything is fine but after a while it is almost as if Windows 'forgets' certain file types. Any picture format will not load in the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer (it either says...

Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to log out and try to shut down Windows, I get the following message: Dwwin.exe DLL Initialization failed on shut down. I have to close two error message boxes before I can shut down windows. Please advise as to how to correct. Thank you

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed

View more questions Search