Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2009, 06:30 PM
    File Types
    Hello,
    I made a video using Windows Movie Maker and I want to put it on a C.D.
    I would like it if the video played on a DVD player. I used a CD-RW and the file type for the movie is a .WMV
    What file type would play on a DVD player?
    Mayank Verma Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2009, 11:26 AM

Rewritable cd will not play on the dvd player! File types should be avi,vob,mpeg,etc. But you can play this format also need to remember only above quote
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Mayank is correct. You'll need the correct media first which a DVD. This means that you'll need a DVD burver as well.

Some home DVD players will indeed play CDs and various other video formats but you're taking a chance if you rely on that.

Here's Microsoft's step-by-step: Windows Movie Maker: Save your movie to a DVD
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2009, 12:15 PM

You can write to a CD that MAY be playable on some DVD players. What is VCD?
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2009, 04:57 PM

Ah.
    All right.
    Thanks for the links. =3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Types of gun [ 16 Answers ]

How many types of guns are there?

Computer 'forgetting' certain file types and dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed [ 5 Answers ]

The last couple of days, something strange has started happening with Windows. When I first start up the computer, everything is fine but after a while it is almost as if Windows 'forgets' certain file types. Any picture format will not load in the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer (it either says...

Types of PVC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been wondering what exactly the difference is between Schedule 40 PVC piping and any other type. What specifically is different about what a schedule 40 does and its physical features? I am trying to get some piping that is 6" in diameter but that is not schedule 40 but I can't really do...

Changing File Types [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Play A Gzr File On Windows Media Player, Real Player, Etc.. Like The Replay Files On Gunz Interanational.

View more questions Search