Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 5, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Baby measuring almost 4 weeks bigger than what I am.
    I am currently 27 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child. My doc sent me for an US today because I was measing really big, but have only gained 3 pounds. My due date is July 31. At the ultrasound the baby measured 30w5d, and the baby was already practice breathing, which the US technician said was very unusual for a baby this young. My lmp was oct. 13, which would put my due date at July 20. But my docs pushed it back and said I must have ovulated later than I usually do. My question is: is there a chance that when my docs pushed my date back that they made a mistake? I plan to ask them this, but my appointment isn't for 2 more weeks. Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else, or if anyone can help me understand what is going on. The US tech also said the baby already weighed 3lb10oz (give or take 8oz). Sorry this is long, but I am confused.:confused:
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:49 PM

It is very possible that the baby is older than originally thought. Unless you had artificial insamination, which would give you an exact date. My due date was originally in dec. then they changed it to November, then it was October 23, and then she was born on oct 5.

Good luck hon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

37 weeks, baby not yet dropped [ 1 Answers ]

I am 37 weeks pregnant. My baby has not yet dropped down. In fact her favorite position is just under my right rib cage. Any idea when the big "drop" will happen? Or what can I do to help my baby drop and engage? Just so you know, I suffered from extreme vomiting throughout my pregnancy... even...

I lost my dad 2 weeks before having my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I was told after 3 years of trying for a baby that I had only a 1% chance of ever having children due to medical problems. I was deverstated as I always wanted children, as was my husband. The one person who was there for both of us was my dad. He and my mum had been divorced since I was 6 but I...

I'm measuring 14 weeks at 11. Could it be twins? [ 4 Answers ]

I just seen my doctor for the first visit today and I told her I was unsure of my dates. I really do know but had wanted an ultrasound for reasurance. She found the baby's heartbeat after a minute or so and it was about 150, she said that was good:) I asked if there was more than one heartbeat and...

Baby measuring smaller/doctor update [ 14 Answers ]

Well guys I had my second doctor visit today! The baby is too cute and looks more human and we could see the heart beating... doctor said we would listen to it next time! It measures 27cm crown to rump! The only thing that bothered me a bit was that the doctor said the baby measured to be at 9...

View more questions Search