Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parkhill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Taped conversations
    Is it possible to tape a conversation between employee and boss without them knowing
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 11:47 AM

What is the reason behind this?

If it is a legal reason even if you do record a conversation the tapes cannot be used.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 5, 2009, 11:52 AM

In some states it is legal to tape a conversation as long as one person is aware of it. In others both people have to be aware. It is illegal to tape a conversation where neither party is aware without a court order.
    parkhill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Taped conversations
    Is it legal to to tape conversations between employee and boss, without them knowing first. Then use it against them
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

May 5, 2009, 12:34 PM

No
    Its only legal if YOU are one of the parties involved...
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 02:45 PM

They way you are speaking makes me believe that you are a 3rd party who wants to record a conversation between 2 people without their consent - this is illegal.

What state is this in? Like others pointed out, some states allow you to tape the conversation IF one of the parties gives you their consent.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by parkhill View Post
    is it legal to to tape conversations between employee and boss, without them knowing first. then use it against them
    You could/will be arrested for blackmail if you do that type of behavior.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanodimera View Post
    It depends, if you need it to save your innocence or life then use to protect yourself. If you in court, it can come to your favour to win the case.... But if you want to use it for fun then its totally wrong
    Can you provide us with something that shows your statement is legally accurate? States have varying laws regarding what you can or cannot tape. "My innocence was on the line" is not a legal defense for breaking the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am recording my conversations with me and my Ex in GA. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, If I am not in the right forum, please accept my apologies, and feel free to move this thread. Ok, so I found out that GA. Is a one-party consent state for recording conversations. As me, and my Ex fiancé are having lots of problems now living together as roomates, because we had broken...

Conversations With Spirits [ 2 Answers ]

My grandad in spirit has been around me all my life he is my guide but as I am still a bit frightened about talking to spirits and I can't hear him as I'm blocked my 10yr old daughter can hear him and so I communicate with him through my daughter. We are fully protected by angels but how would I...

Conversations being taped without my consent [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out that a girl I used to work with taped every single conversation she and I had about the negative things at the company. She let me know that since I refused to go to court for her over an unemployment hearing that she may or may not use the tapes. I live in the state of New Jersey...

Taped conversation [ 2 Answers ]

Good afternoon, I would like to know if a taped conversation on the phone is admissible in court? It happpened like this. First Incident - My husband's Aunt called up a relative of hers, that she has problem with, and had a very nasty conversation with her on the phone. The relative taped...

Alleged Conversations. [ 2 Answers ]

President George H. W. Bush and a little old lady resident of an old folks home: George: Do you know who I am? Old Lady: No, but if you ask in reception I'm sure they'll be able to tell you. President Richard Nixon upon greeting Elvis: Richard: You dress pretty wild, don't you? Elvis: Mr....

View more questions Search