Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easilytanned Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Makari lightening lotion alternatives?
    Hi everyone,

I have been using makari for couple of months already. Although the result was amazing, I experienced severe breakout from it. Many have said that the caviar cream causes breakout. However, I think the lightening lotion actually broke me out more. Anyway, I haven't tried their night cream yet. But I was wondering if anyone else here has had the same reaction to makari's product, and if so, if you have found an effective alternative to makari. I have read mixed reviews on fair and white and otentika. I also bought the new re-formulated herbalinn. But so far, I haven't seen anything dramatic from herbalinn yet (unlike the old formula). Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    preoccupation Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Is your skin oily? If it is, using lotions and creams on your face may cause clogged pores.

Oct 2, 2006, 01:51 AM
    Hi preoccupation,
    Thanks for replying! I have combination/sensitive skin. Most of the time my cheeks are quite dry actually. I read on other forums that makari causes the same problems for some. So I figure I should steer clear of these products. Sad... I really liked the lightening effect makari produces though.
    preoccupation Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 06:54 AM
    The product probably dries your skin out too much. How does the soap work?
    addressinit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by easilytanned
    Hi everyone,

I have been using makari for couple of months already. Although the result was amazing, I experienced severe breakout from it. Many have said that the caviar cream causes breakout. However, I think the lightening lotion actually broke me out more. Anyway, I haven't tried their night cream yet. But I was wondering if anyone else here has had the same reaction to makari's product, and if so, if you have found an effective alternative to makari. I have read mixed reviews on fair and white and otentika. I also bought the new re-formulated herbalinn. But so far, I haven't seen anything dramatic from herbalinn yet (unlike the old formula). Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you!
    Hi u are so right.. this stuff breaks you out like crazy.. I wonder why they still make it... u sacrifice dark skin for a light but incredibly blemished skin?. hell no.. not worth it
    I know about 5 people who used it n suffering serious acne right now.. so sad.
    And it's quite expensive.. acne in an expensive bottle?. no thanks
    Missy2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have been using makari for couple of months already. Although the result was amazing, I experienced severe breakout from it. Many have said that the caviar cream causes breakout. However, I think the lightening lotion actually broke me out more. Anyway, I haven't tried their night cream yet. But I was wondering if anyone else here has had the same reaction to makari's product, and if so, if you have found an effective alternative to makari. I have read mixed reviews on fair and white and otentika. I also bought the new re-formulated herbalinn. But so far, I haven't seen anything dramatic from herbalinn yet (unlike the old formula). Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you!
    Hi, yes makari does make me break out in horrible spots the whitening effect is fast but is it worth it. I tried the cavier, the night and the day cream I even tried the sulphur soap such a shame because for the first week my skin lokked and felt great

Mar 31, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Hey, just to update, the night cream worked pretty good. I still get breakouts here and there, but when combined with Dan Kern's BP gel and 100% jojoba oil (added to oil-free lotion), I was able to keep everything at bay. I have not tried the new Fair and White exclusive gel-cream yet, but the old one just made my face really red. I heard some people talking about dermo white also. Anyone tried any of these? What about Otentika? Thanks all for helping me out.
    rettrois Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
    I used Makari day crème for 3 weeks and I broke out very badly. In fact, I never use to have zits before using this crème. Just to let people who are thinking of buying this crème know that the lightening effects are great but the breakouts are a high price to pay for lighter skin.

Also I have stopped using makari for about a week now but my break outs are getting worse. If there's anyone out there who has experienced the same side effects please advice me as I don't feel like the breakouts are ever going to stop. Please help!

May 5, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Hi Rettrois - I went through it (as you can see from my original post). What I ended up doing is a pretty time-consuming regimen. But it works...

use a really really good face wash -- I use la vitton (they changed the name, but if you search on Google, it'll come up. I think it might be lavenden or something similar). I usually do this, and follow w/ 1. beyond belief facial scrub (from Sally's), and 2. salycillic wash from DDF.
    The scrub is very very finely ground. I have used this and Dr Brandt's microdermabrasion, and I swear they are the same, except one cost $6 and the other cost $85.

use a good toner -- I use proactive.

use alpha hydrox 12% AHA soufflé ($10 at rite-aid)

use Dan Kern's 2.5% BP gel -- apply generously, wait patiently for it to dry complete.

use oil-free lotion, add 2 drops of pure jojoba oil (this is VERY important) to apply all over your face.

Finally, use your lightening product -- apply only a tiny bit.

in day time, put your sunscreen last.

It's a bit counter-intuitive to add jojoba oil, I know. But I swear that is the thing that helps the most. It mimics your own oil, which tells your sebaceous gland to stop producing oil. Before I used this regimen, I spent tons and tons of money trying to fix my problems, but nothing has worked better. You can buy Dan Kern's gel online for 9 bucks. Other than the face wash and perhaps your lotion, everything else is pretty economic.

Now, I still use Makari's night cream 3X a week because nothing else could lighten me up. But believe me, this is the first final season since I'm back at law school that I haven't gotten pimple face yet. I get perhaps one small pimple or to a month. But I blame this partly on stress.

Anyway, good luck to you. You can PM me if you like. I found a lot of information on what to use from makeupalley.com. You could check it out too.
    sweetchi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Hi everyone,

Hello,

For everyone who has had a bad skin reaction to Makari products, please contact me at [email protected]. I have some very important information for you. There could be monetary benefits involved. Thank you.
    usernammy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Hi Rettrois - I went through it (as you can see from my original post). What I ended up doing is a pretty time-consuming regimen. But it works...

use a really really good face wash -- I use la vitton (they changed the name, but if you search on google, it'll come up. I think it might be lavenden or something similar). I usually do this, and follow w/ 1. beyond belief facial scrub (from Sally's), and 2. salycillic wash from DDF.
    The scrub is very very finely ground. I have used this and Dr Brandt's microdermabrasion, and I swear they are the same, except one cost $6 and the other cost $85.

use a good toner -- I use proactive.

use alpha hydrox 12% AHA souffle ($10 at rite-aid)

use Dan Kern's 2.5% BP gel -- apply generously, wait patiently for it to dry complete.

use oil-free lotion, add 2 drops of pure jojoba oil (this is VERY important) to apply all over your face.

Finally, use your lightening product -- apply only a tiny bit.

in day time, put your sunscreen last.

It's a bit counter-intuitive to add jojoba oil, I know. But I swear that is the thing that helps the most. It mimics your own oil, which tells your sebaceous gland to stop producing oil. Before I used this regimen, I spent tons and tons of money trying to fix my problems, but nothing has worked better. You can buy Dan Kern's gel online for 9 bucks. Other than the face wash and perhaps your lotion, everything else is pretty economic.

Now, I still use Makari's night cream 3X a week b/c nothing else could lighten me up. But believe me, this is the first final season since i'm back at law school that I haven't gotten pimple face yet. I get perhaps one small pimple or 2 a month. But I blame this partly on stress.

Anyway, good luck to you. you can PM me if you like. I found a lot of information on what to use from makeupalley.com. You could check it out too.
    Hello, does the makari work?
    usernammy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Hi everyone,

What about the soap?
    KABaron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 08:54 AM
    I also had a really bad breakout from using Makari day cream. My face was beautiful, though. Even thinking about trying it again, now that I have acne under control because I love the way my face looked. For the first time, I did not feel the need to wear makeup. Anyone has a product that works as well and as fast?
    KABaron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 08:54 AM
    I also had a really bad breakout from using Makari day cream. My face was beautiful, though. Even thinking about trying it again, now that I have acne under control because I love the way my face looked. For the first time, I did not feel the need to wear makeup. Anyone has a product that works as well and as fast?
    frogmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 11:22 AM
    I have had the same problem since May of last year 2008- Makari was food for a while then suddenly I had the worst itches, brekouts and I could not sleep due to the soreness! I contacted them 3 times! They never had the decency to reply- and now I have tried everything, nothing seems to work. My face has gotten darker than it was before- I am at the end of my tether
    kravenn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Comment on preoccupation's post
    Lightening effecte were fantastic and long lasting BUT:
    -I got streaks of dicolouration on my face,
    -when I tried to stop I got a rash and a kind of thickening of the skin all over my face that only cleared once I resumed using the Makari. I actual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Makari Oralight Skin Lightening Pill [ 14 Answers ]

.. who has tried it? Or if anyone has any informative information please share Thanks!

Oriki lightening lotion [ 23 Answers ]

Hi guys, Has anyone ever heard or try the lightening lotion? Go to www.oriki.com. Thanks.

Euoko Or Makari? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I am planning to buy one of the skin whitening products. However, I am confused between makari and euoko? Both sound promising but I don't know which one can give effective results. Any help would be much appreaciatedd Thanks

Alternatives to bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I don`t have enough debt to file for bankruptcy,only @ $500. Any alternatives?

View more questions Search