Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ayisat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Plumbing Valves?
    I'm in the process of building a home and the builder ask me to pick out showerheads and faucets. I started to see that the showerheads says Transfer valve and/or thermostatic valve and/or volume valve was used. I'm not sure what these are and if I need them or not. Can someone please explain? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 24, 2006, 01:33 PM
    What is you're looking for? Top of the line valves that are sometimes pricey or a regular tub and shower valve with a standard shower head?

Sep 24, 2006, 09:38 PM
    This is for the showers. We are getting 3 showerheads. A hand shower, a regular showerhead and a rain overhead shower.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 25, 2006, 06:07 AM
    My question still stands. What is you're looking for? Top of the line valves that are sometimes pricey or a regular tub and shower valve with a standard shower head? Regards, Tom

Sep 25, 2006, 08:28 AM
    I just want to know if I need them or not. And what are they? What are they used for?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Sep 25, 2006, 10:17 AM
    A transfer valve lets you choose which combination of the three water sources is on. - You need this.

A thermostat valve lets you preselect a water temperature. This works well only if the input temperatures of the hot and cold are relatively constant throughout the year. - This is optional.

A volume valve, the usual on-off valve, lets you control the volume. - You need this.

Dennis

Sep 25, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Thank you so much. I had no idea what they were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Hose Valves [ 10 Answers ]

There are two 20 year old hose valves outside the house. Both leak, and one even has a busted handle that requires a vise grip every time we want to open and close the water flow. I would like to replace both without the expense of hiring a plumber. I think this is a job that even I can do.. ....

Diverter valves for shower spas [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new shower. I have 2 water supplies, h and c, on each side of the shower area. The 3/4" pair will serve one shower head and 3 body sprays, and the opposite side 1/2" set will supply one body spray and one shower head.(as well as a bar sink on the opp. Side of the wall). I have...

Zone valves [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a wiring diagram for a new dunkirk boiler . Just the diagram for the 3 zone valves. Company says that the boiler transformer is enough to run three zones ( 24v) . Or do I need to add transformer. Just can't figure out the wiring from one zone valve to another. Contacts on each zone are...

Access to shut off valves [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a code in sarasota fl that says you must have access to shut off valves in your tubs and if so what is that code and where can I get a copy. Thank you[ Manny

Leaky Shut off valves [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the Northeast and for the first time this past winter, I actually used the shutoff valves that lead to my outside water spigots. Now that I've turned them back on, they are leaking whenever the water line is open. I noticed they have nuts on the front... was I supposed to...

View more questions Search