Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horsemaster20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 05:41 AM
    1860's tejano clothing
    Thank You. I am a civil war reenactor; I am trying to assemble an impression of one of the tejano (or mexican nationals) who fought in a confederate Texas cavalry unit. The clothing is the difficulty. The trans-mississippi units were more often than not supplied very poorly from the military depots and instead either provided their own clothes or the army purchased them from civilian stores.
    I have done a good deal of research on civilian clothing of the mexican/tejano culture in the southwest during the time of the civil war. I have found evidence for a horseman to have worn calzoneras (vaquero style pants) in the earlier (mexican war period) and later (wild west) but I have found no evidence or authority which can document their use by civilians during the civil war period. Because the powers that be consider them a stretch form the typical grey wool or canvas it has become necessary for me to find some picture, written reference, or testimony by a clothing expert to document the use of calzoneras during the civil war period. can you help me?
    Thank you again
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 07:30 AM

This is a cached article from the Tejano Association of Historical Preservation. (Tejano Association for Historical Preservation)

Maybe if you contacted them, they could help you in your search?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emo clothing [ 11 Answers ]

I'm dark skind but I like emo clothing. Should I go for it or what?:confused: :( :confused: :mad: I don't know what 2 do. HELP

Emo clothing? [ 12 Answers ]

Ummm hi :D Is emo clothing so over??

Indian Clothing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere to get indian clothing such as salwar kameez and leghas at quite a cheap price, also I would much appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of a good shop in india as I know india has some nice shops but I don't know any :)

Removal of wax from clothing [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to get hair removal wax out of clothing :confused:

Clothing for disabled man [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't really a medical question but I am wondering if anyone knows where to buy a winter poncho for a gentleman in a wheelchair. It has to be a slip over with a hood. Thanks.

View more questions Search