Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelisback Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 03:15 AM
    Confused between three guys
    Hi friends

I am going thrugh a difficult state of confussion. Just hoping you all can help me.
    I am a Indian Girl. I was in love with a guy. But iniatialy we have decided that
    We will not fall in love and be friend forever. Few days back My parents has
    Chosen a guy for me for arrange marriage. He matches with my expectation so
    I was not able to say no to my parents. And before 3 days one of my coulege
    Who is also my good friend has proposed me.

I am a bit confused what should I do, to marry a person chosen by my parents
    Or wait for person I love or the person love me. Things become really complecated

I am very much confused. Please help me
    PVRao Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Did your colleague propose to marry you.. does he reach your expectation? If intercaste, will your parents agree..

Have you told your fren you love him? Does he wishes to marry you..

1. Friend
    2. Parents
    3. Colleague

This sounds like the typical Ektha Kapoor serial...

Sweety,, what's more important to u.. friend, colleague or parents..

u'l always have your friend around with you,, (there goes 1)

How sure are you that your colleague is committed to you.. he mite be looking for a fling... (3's gone) (it's true, love the one who loves you,, but you never really know the difference by the way love and infatuation)

If your parents wan you to get married, and your working, you mus be of age,, if the guy your parents choose reaches your expectations,, then what's the problem.. go ahead,,
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 03:44 AM

I am going to advise you based on what I grew up with. I will not marry someone that my parents just chose for me, neither a friend that just proposed out of the blue.

I'll marry because I love the person and we both believe that we're for each other.
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

May 5, 2009, 03:51 AM

If I had married who my step dad wanted me to marry I would have married a ugly, skanky, no teeth, stinky, creepy guy. Ok as a teen he creeped me out. Made my skin crawl and watched me a lot. Now he is all the above and lives like 2 miles away. Ewww, creeps me out just thinking about THAT...

Marry for passionate, romantic, heartfelt, true, wonderful LOVE!
    PVRao Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2009, 03:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    I am going to advise you based on what I grew up with. I will not marry someone that my parents just chose for me, neither a friend that just proposed out of the blue.

I'll marry because I love the person and we both believe that we're for each other.

We'r talking about India here,, more than 75% of Indians go through arranged marriage and lead a successful life,, the divorce rates in India is far far less than US or any other country and the reason being we'r committed n we learn to love the person we are with...

Marriages are made in heaven,, to us Indians,, our parents are God and since God arranged our marriage, love is not an issue,,
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PVRao View Post
    we'r talking about India here,,, more than 75% of Indians go thru arranged marriage and lead a successful life,,, the divorce rates in India is far far less than US or any other country and the reason being we'r committed n we learn to love the person we are with....

marriages are made in heaven,,, to us Indians,,, our parents are God and since God arranged our marriage, love is not an issue,,,
    Parents are God and love is not an issue? OK. I'm out of here.
    NWN Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2009, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PVRao View Post
    marriages are made in heaven,,, to us Indians,,, our parents are God and since God arranged our marriage, love is not an issue,,,
    There's the answer you are looking.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 06:22 AM

Sadly, you have a decision to make. You can chose to make your parents happy and go through with the arrange marriage or wait out for love that you feel is worthy of your heart.

I do not know much about you religion so I cannot say what you should do, if it were me I would wait for love but that is also my opinion and not dealing with your beliefs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2009, 07:24 AM

You should always do what you think is best for yourself.
    angelisback Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:35 AM

Thanks friends
    I am a able to get out of confusion a bit.
    I am very much sure that I will not hurt my parents, they should be happy by my decision.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 10:39 AM

I suggest you voice your concerns with them, see how they feel. I know that's not custom for your culture, but they may see your side of things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating two guys at the same time(confused) [ 21 Answers ]

I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who I am. My problem is that I don't want to be dating them at the same time for fear that they'll find out about each other. I really like both of them and would like to continue dating them, do you think that I should continue...

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

I need a guys P.O.V. Because I am totally confused. [ 34 Answers ]

Ok, I'm directing this question to the fellas because I'm hoping it will help me to understand how you guys think. If any ladies have some insight though that's cool too. I've been dating this guy for about 3 weeks. We have a good relationship, but we're still in the phase where we are still...

I'm confused & need a guys perspective too. [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I've been dating this guy for 9 months + now. Just recently found out that him & his ex before me had sex. That hurts. That hurts me bad. I'm only 16 years old & I've been going to school counseling over this. He said that he could tell that I had moderate depression. I don't want to do my...

View more questions Search