Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syamgr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Sinus and respiratory problems
    Hi, I have a question. Me and a buddy moved into a semi-detached townhouse about five months ago. Since then, we have both been getting sick very frequently. Mostly it's sinus and respiratory problems but we have also experienced flu-like symptoms a few times. We suspect it is because of the air in the house. It feels heavy and dusty. We want to hire an inspector to check the house out, but it's pretty expensive. I was wondering if we could get our landlord to pay for the inspections. Is it his responsibility to pay for inspections?
    And anyone have any idea what is causing these problems?
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2006, 09:55 AM
    How old is the house?

Do you have any known allergies to pets? Could there have been pets there before you?

Sep 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick response j-9. The house, I believe is at least 15 years old. I will ask the landlord. To my knowledge, I don't think I am allergic to pets. I have never been around one long enough to really tell. There may have been pets living in the house before we moved. I will check with the landlord.

Sep 29, 2006, 08:15 AM
    I asked the landlord and he told me that the previous owner had 2 cats. You think it is possible that animal dander could be causing these problems? We had our carpets cleaned about a month after we moved in.
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I think it's probably dander from the cats. I know I am highly allergic to cats. Especially if there is carpet in the house. Cats are all over the place. I had a maltese dog that I was told is one of the few dogs that do not shed but I was so allergic to the dander that I had to get weekly shots from the allergist. Anyway, I would check for molda also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big Problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few big problems with a new computer I purchased. I would really like to know if I can fix these problems, or if I need to return the computer.

Having problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I am using a wireless connection and I am having major problems with it staying connected, I used it on my old laptop and it was very stable and rarely fell over but now it will only stay connected for a few minutes- anyone have any ideas on...

CD RW Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Advent 7003 Laptop and can't get the CD RW Writer to write. It was quite expensive (£1,500) and is only a year and a half old! I have had problems getting it to write to CD's from the beginning. I have been told by friends that I need to buy a specific kind of Blank CD, so I've...

Big problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few big problems with a new computer I purchased. I would really like to know if I can fix these problems, or if I need to return the computer. In the manual that came with the barebone computer, it stated that the system board only supports Celeron 300-700mhz. This computer came with...

View more questions Search