Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p_shal09 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2003, 08:00 AM
    Cache memory
    Is there anything like software cache memory, how does this works?
    I have searched many sites but found that it is memory buffer..
    I am confused, hardware cache memory is on motherboard or processor, but what about software cache memory

Please Help
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2004, 07:31 PM
    I think you may be referring to Virtual Memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I clear my browser cache? [ 2 Answers ]

How I clear my browser cache? I'm a newbie.

Force Browser To Cache Pages? [ 7 Answers ]

I am hosting a swf movie on a page but people click a page then return to that page and it reloads etc etc. Is there anyway I can make it stay in there cache unless they empty it? As most people do it unaware but my bandwidth usage yesterday was over 100mb :eek:

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

DNS update cache [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a small test lab set up for my network which is made up by a couple of servers and desktops. I used to use the private IP address range of 192 etc but because my broandband router also uses this private address range and acts a dhcp server I decided to switch my testlab network to...

Hard drive cache [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: can anybody tell me what the difference is in a 2mb and 8mb cache on a hard drive , and what is the best 1 to have, thanks.

View more questions Search