Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    code4me Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 01:29 PM
    150 feet of wiring.
    I am planning on running 150 ft. of #4 aluminum wiring to a load of 50 amps. 240volt. Will this sized wire keep the voltage drop down to an acceptable level? Tks.. Jack Schmieder
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 01:34 PM

Without a calculator, looks OK, Is this a continious load? Circuit on a 50 Amp Breaker?
    What is the load?
    code4me Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Thanks a lot for the response. I had figured around 13 volts drop. I am using a 50 amp breaker. It is not 50 amp continuous. It will be powering a fifth wheel trailer. Jack

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feet Fungus [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a Alternative treatment for cracking fungus or yeast maybe on the feet... I have it only on my left foot not my right. Is there something I should be worried about...

Square Feet Board Feet? [ 4 Answers ]

If I know how many square feet I have and I know the thickness of the material I have how I convert these values to square feet?

Feet and leg cramps [ 5 Answers ]

For the past week or two I have been bothered with cramps in both feet and both legs. I was hoping some one out there has had this problem in the past and has the remedy that I am looking for. My cramps start in one foot or one leg and by the time I can get out of bed to stretch it our I have...

Need feet for my radiator [ 1 Answers ]

My plumber is relocating a radiator that is about 3-1/2 inches deep and 60 inches wide, but it doesn't have any feet. It sits directly on the floor. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase feet or ideas on building something? Thanks

Why would my feet be so dry? [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any reason I would have severe dry feet where the soles are completely cracked and are so rough that the skin looks course with deep lines.

View more questions Search