Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 4, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Lebron or Kobe?
    I was reading an article on foxsports today about how one writer suggests that Lebron is the best player of his generation, it sparked me into asking what you guys think about that.

Personally, I think Kobe is hands down a better player and will be regarded as such long after both their career's are over. I have plently of reasons to support this but I'll wait and see if anyone cares to dispute this first.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 11:16 AM

As much as I can't stand Kobe I think he is the better player. And I only can't stand him because of how good he really is. I still haven't gotten over the 2001 Series when he handed the Sixers their @$$.

I think Lebron is a better leader then Kobe. LJ makes average players look better then they really are. Where Kobe will just takeover if his supporting cast is not helping him.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Hate, hate, hate Kobe... but at this moment he still has to be considered the better player. He's been in the league 13 years, played in 12 All Star Games, won 1 NBA MVP, won 3 All Star MVPs, lead the league in scoring twice and won 3 Championships.

It is too early to know how LeBron's career will turn out. In the end he might have a better career than Kobe, but it is too early to assume that he will.
    tats Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 01:46 AM

The real problem is that they don't really belong to the same generation. I mean, Kobe is about 6 years older than KingJames, who is just starting a very promising career. I think Kobe Bryant has been the best player of his generation but in some years his memory will be buried by The Chosen feasts
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 27, 2009, 07:37 AM

I disagree with the years down the road Lebron will be better. Lebron is playing at an elite level right now and so far he's got no championship. He was swept out of the finals against the spurs and Orlando is up 3-1 this year. A record setting best team in the league going out in the semis looks bad for LEbron, questions will be raised.

On the other hand, you have the Black Mamba who already holds championships and is still in the hunt this year. IF the Lakers take care of Denver and Orlando (looks likely) it will almost be a head to head with Lebron this year and Kobe would have to get the nod.

Point is that I keep hearing the argument that Lebron will eventually set all these records and equal the championships of the greats, he's got a lot to catch up if he doesn't start winning some soon. Injuries and wear and tear for someone like him could reduce his playing years sothe window could be less time than people think.

Kobe is a killer.
    BoobeBooging Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 01:55 AM
    Lebron is a better overall player because if you think about it kobe is still just a scorer he just discovered that passing the ball to people makes your team better smhas for lebron he has been averaging almost a triple double it is not about who is better it is who does more and it defintinely goes to King James which make LeBron James a better player.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 11:54 AM

This is an older thread, but still interesting, especially now.

Egos aside, I think Lebron is more power and grit. Kobe is more finess and skill. Lebron can take it to the hoop better than Kobe, but that might be because he's much younger. But Kobe has a better jumper and longer range.

Kobe's style is easier to maintain long term compared to Lebron's. We'll see how Lebron adjusts his game as he gets older. For now, I would rather have Kobe on my team.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search