Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

May 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Striping hair
    I know striping hair isn't recommended but I need it done. I have black hair and for the summer I want to have to top half light blonde. My hair isn't naturally blonde so it'll mean I won't have to dye it again for a while because with black hair the blonde roots appear so fast.

How does it work? Does it cost much in £?

Thanks
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 11:39 AM

If your hair is currently dyed, you must use color remover first: ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, Igora Phantom are some of the more common ones. Don't try to bleach out the artificial pigment already in your hair or you will end up with very brassy hair.

Once you get the artificial pigment removed, you'll have to bleach the top half to pale yellow and then tone it (preferably with a demi-permanent -- something like L'Oreal Castings Color Spa or Natural Instincts).

I don't live in the UK so I can't say what it would cost. However, I will take a guess and suggest that it will be over £50 -- maybe £100.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

May 4, 2009, 12:57 PM

Hmm, I should really get it done proffecionally, I don't trust myself to do that. I have a friend who bleached her hair many times before she was blonde but I wouldn't wan to do that because my hair is dry to start of with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Price for striping and waxing. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to charge a striping/waxing job: -Once striping /waxing, not recurring service. -Everything on me(Moving tables/chairs/file cabinets); -Around 11 thousand sf area(Classroom and hallways); -All supplies on me,(Three coats to be applied) _Two days to get it done.(Boston...

Striping my Ex of any and all rights to our Son. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I know this question has probably been in a variety of different ways here but I have to ask it anyway. My Ex-husband is currently in prison and has not seen our Son or even tried to contact him in anyway since December 2003. He lives in Arizona I live in Kansas. My Son is five and doesn't...

Striping of black from hair [ 3 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair a really dark black and I want the colour out now but it is permanent. HOW DO I GET THIS OUT AS I can't AFFORD TO go to hairdressers.

View more questions Search