Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pamike6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Dog ran over
    My dog was just ran over by a boat trailer (Suv pulling it). She did walk back to the back yard, very slowly. What should I watch for? Internal injuries?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 24, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Seeing this post was posted yesterday, i am hoping you took the dog to the vet, even if a dog show no signs of injury a trip to be checked is a must, I do hope all is well with you and yours. I can not understand why no one answered this where is Fred?

Donna
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2006, 07:33 AM
    I am so sorry, I hope you will do a follow up and let us know how the dog is.

But even if the dog was happy when it walked away with no sign of injury what so ever, a visit to the VET for X-rays would be called for to be sure there was no internal injuries.
    Pamike6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Wow... what a night. Worried all night about our dog and today she seems to be on the road to recovery. No internal injuries. No broken bones. Just some bruises, cuts and scrapes (deep one on her leg). You can tell she is very soar but, she still wants to play ball. I can not believe how lucky she is. I totally watched the boat trailer run right over her and her screaming is still fresh in my mind... and the kids minds. She is a 5 year old black lab that weighs around 64 pounds and just loves to play ball... that is what got her in trouble. The ball went into the street and she did not even care about it going under a moving vehicle (boat trailer). We are so blessed that she is OK.
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Sep 25, 2006, 07:28 AM
    I'm so glad your dog is okay! She's very lucky!

I had almost the same thing happen to my dog. He was run over with a trailer that had a bobcat on in. But he ended up with a dislocated leg and 2 pelvic fractures. This happened a month ago and he still can't walk all that well. He's very lucky it didn't run over a different part of his body or he would have been done for. My dog is also 5 years old and very active. I can tell he wants to play like he use to but his leg won't allow it. The thing is, I don't think he learned his lesson! He still crawls under cars...
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 26, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Thank you for getting back to us, I am glad she is okay,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search