Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Sound but no picture.
    I have a Phillips Flat screen TV model 15PF5120/28.. its about 3 yrs old. The picture just all of a sudden went out but I still have sound. Everything is still hooked up the way it should be. Any idea??
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 08:25 AM

How is the signal coming into the set? Is this from a cable box or a satellite dish? If so, make sure the video cable(s) are good. Use an ohmmeter to make sure they aren't "open". Trying another TV, if possible, would prove whether it's the set or the connection.

Internal circuits can burn out causing this problem. If you're sure that the incoming signal is present, you probably need a TV technician.
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 08:32 AM
    It comes from a cable box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba TV has sound but no picture [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 yr old Toshiba 32 inch rear projection flat screen TV. Worked fine last night but today it has not picture, the sound works, I can change channels and hear the sound change, tried showing a DVD and still no picture. Tried the MENU option and still nothing shows on the screen.

CTR TV 76cm sound but no picture [ 2 Answers ]

Just want to know if there is any point in getting my TV repaired? I switched the TV on made a loud noise and I had sound but no picture. I switched it back on but still the same dead screen only sound. If it isn't to expensive we would like to get it fixed but if it is going to be expensive...

No picture! Sound only [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 27 TV (dvd/vcr combo) Two weeks ago I turned on the TV and heard sound but no picture, only a straight line in the middle of the screen from side to side. Now, I still hear sound but no picture and not even a straight line now.

No sound and no picture [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my panasonic TV I get no picture and no sound. I have tried to play a dvd and got the same result. Any ideas how to get the TV working again?

Have sound but no picture [ 2 Answers ]

Ok well I have hooked everything up ( sony ht-ddw995 hdmi, playstation 3, our hdmi cable box and our hd tv) we ave sound but no picture! What did we do wrong! Please help have been working on this all day and feel like just giving up :mad:

View more questions Search