Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    y2krum Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Startup problem
    XP home sometimes hangs or freezes on startup before reaching "the blue windows is loading screen "
    jay c Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Did you install any new hardware or software recently?
    Try starting in Safe Mode. From there you can either uninstall whatever you installed or you can check the event logs (Rt-click on My Computer and select Manage) for error messages. If you didn't make any changes to your system before the problem started, and you don't find any errors in the event logs, or you can't even get into Safe Mode, then try reinstalling XP from the CD. If your computer came with a diagnostic disk, you can try that too.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 13, 2006, 10:02 PM
    Unplug all the usb devices (scanners,web cam ,printers) and then reboot and check .
    protectit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 07:54 AM
    If you can get into safe mode try using system restore and go back to a date where the system was working.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Another possibility I've sometimes found is that your power supply is on the way out. If it is breaking down (or sometimes they just aren't big enough) then they seem to just stop supplying enough power to the system and it hangs. Not a definite answer but another possibility to look at if nothing else helps.
    y2krum Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by y2krum
    XP home sometimes hangs or freezes on startup before reaching "the blue windows is loading screen "
    I have found that by playing around with the startup files through ms config... usually solves these problems...

Good luck you all
    y2krum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Startup.. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Yes guys need help... I can't stop a folder from opening when the windows startup... but this folder isn't like this before... I wonder why...

Startup what's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Why does my computer tell me setup is updating configuration files every time I start up regardless and takes about 2mins to get past this before loading windows, I am using win98se. :confused:

Problem freezing at startup... [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'll begin by saying that I don't know much about computers... Anyway, my problem is that my computer, Window 2000, keeps freezing at startup. After the black screen that says "Press F8....", it goes onto a screen that has the Windows logo and the blue bar going across the bottom of the...

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

Problem with Ms office startup and others [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows98, I am having a problem,whenever I click any Ms office program like ms word,ms excel etc... the Warning stop sign message appears like this (x)This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from From the location where you originally installed the...

View more questions Search