Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahjahsr9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 06:15 AM
    Legal, Go a restraing order on my bank acct. I didn't pay a bill or show up in court
    I owed a bill for $200.00 and didn't pay after court. I missed my court date and now
    The lawyer has put a restraing order on my bank account. I would like to pay the money.
    What do I do now/
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:16 AM

A restraining order is placed on a person, not a bank account. Who did you owe the $200.00 to? Did your lawyer sue you and win? If so, then s/he is able to freeze your bank account and have the funds withdrawn. Otherwise, you can pay the bill - make sure you get and keep a receipt - and then your account will be unfrozen.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2009, 07:24 AM

If you existing account is frozen you will likely have some trouble paying anything drawing on this account. Contact the person who likely has a lien on you and ask to make payment arrangements. I, like this8384, am not 100% of your situation because of the terms you are using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraing order Neighbor has on ex husband [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know...

Can a Bank Account be garnished without court order [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Tn. My business account was garnished by the same bank for a loan payment due on a loan. The loan I had was from another business venture with 4 other persons. Can they do this without a court order.

Legal Order to hold funds on joint bank account [ 1 Answers ]

If I wanted to go and get another bank account somewhere, could I if there is already a legal order on my current joint bank account? Also, if my joint bank acct that has the legal order on it is now overdrawn, if I deposit more funds will those funds be applied to the overdrawn amount or does...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

View more questions Search