Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hoping4aBFP Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Oct 13, 2006, 12:31 PM
    It's OK. Well, with my first pregnancy I was about 3 months and I was just barely starting to pop. My jeans were just starting to get tight. I hear you show sooner with more pregnancies you have. We will see. I know that I have been really bloated the past 2 days. When do you go to the doctor? I go on Monday, but it's just to speak with the nurse I guess. I have no idea. The military is weird sometimes. Well, I need to go get ready for work. Talk to you soon.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
    What is up with my Celtic Myth just have too be an Benin birth mother all the time... congratulations Hoping for a BFP... enjoy and record every minute... something I would like to have done with my children... but did video the birth of my grands... love to view the videos to remind me of what I did... I even video my grandson's first potty experience... Yes... enjoy... the peaceful times now... record all the joyful moments... you are going to need them in your retirement... blessed come...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Yeah, I shoould be getting my insurance here in the next few weeks, so right after I get it I will make my first appointment. I can't wait!

Oct 23, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Hey ladies and gentlemen! My 6-8 week appointment went well on Monday, 10/16. We received a lot of information and I had 5 tubes of blood drawn. That's about it. They went by my LMP for my due date and wanted me to come in for my 10-12 week appointment the next day because they were thinking I was a lot further along than I thought. I couldn't go in the next day because of work, so I went in that Friday 10/20. That appointment went well too. All of my blood work came back "perfectly" she said. She used the doppler to try and find a heartbeat, but no such luck. She told me when she measured me on my pelvic exam that my uterus was measuring about 12 weeks. She sent me to the hopsital for an ultra sound because she couldn't find the heartbeat. SO I got to see MY LITTLE PEANUT!! It was so cute!! The u/s measured me at 7 weeks. BUT I KNOW I am 8 weeks 2 days today. I know exactly when I conceived ;) Hehe! They said it was hard to see because my bladder was full. (They did an external and a transvaginal and it's better to have an empty bladder when they do the internal and that's the one they measured me off of) I said "well do you want me to go empty my bladder?" Apparently not because he kept going on with the u/s. I also have a cyst they saw, but no big deal. I've had cysts forever and I was told that they don't interfere with pregnancy. That's true isn't it? I also had to get a hCG quantative test done. (The quantitative test gives the exact level of HCG in the blood. This can not only determine if a woman is pregnant, but also help give a rough estimate of the age of the fetus) In case there's some people who didn't know. :) I have to go back this Friday for another ultra sound and another blood test. They want to make sure that I am growing accordingly because of my LMP saying that I am 14 weeks 1 day and that is not what I measured. They don't know that I know when I conceived. I told them I am not that far, but they are stubborn and want to go with April 22, 2007 as my due date. Whereas, I am going with June 2, 2007. So, I will let them do what they want to do. I will get to see my peanut again! A little bigger and clearer hopefully! Oh, and I made sure that I asked if there was only one baby. As far as they could see, yes... ONLY ONE! I am thankful for that. I don't think I am ready for more than one! ;)

Hope you enjoyed my update and I hope everyone is doing well...
    ishade Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4aBFP
    16 months of trying and I FINALLY GOT A BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!:D I want to thank everyone on the board for all the help and support! I appreciate all of you.

Myth - Thanks for the baby dust. It WORKED!!! How are the twins??:)

Buggage - Thanks for your baby dust too. We are what, 2 weeks apart?!? YAY!!!:p
    Can I ask if you did anything different this time, to conceive?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 25, 2006, 04:35 AM
    A HUGE congratulations to you and yes, keep us up to date!! Ahh, the many due dates they give us, too bad babies run on their own time! At least mine did, best wishes to you!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
    AW! How exciting! Good for you hunny! I bet that was wonderful, being able to get an ultrasound and see it so soon. I still haven't been able to go to the doc. They said they can't get me in until the end of nov. EVEN though I am already 13 weeks. SOOOO we'll just see. I'm a bit annoyed. Oh well. Anyway, That's great for you. Hopefully the docs figure it out soon. Always kind of annoying when they question what you already know. Sheesh! Congrats again! And keep me posted!

Nov 3, 2006, 05:41 PM
    I had my ultra sound on 10/27 that they wanted me to have a week after my last one to make sure that the baby was growing accordingly. The baby grew a lot! The baby grew from .90 centimeters to 2.5 centimeters in a week. Unfortunately, they did not see a heartbeat. I did not believe them. They had another lady look at it and she did not see a heartbeat either. So, they started talking to me about options. They told me they had a more sensitive u/s machine and I could have another one. I said that's what I wanted. She did not see a heartbeat on that one either. She looked at it a few different ways and she said she wasn't seeing anything, but she had one more trick to try. She did something where it would show color where there was blood flow. There was blood flow in my uterus lining, but nothing through the baby. I saw the red around the baby, but the baby stayed grey. I assume that because it did grow so much that the heart must have stopped beating right before the ultra sound. Maybe that day or the day before. So, I guess this journey is over for me - for now. Please say some prayers for my little angel and for my husband and I. I am having an extremely terrible time with this. I don't understand why this happened to me. They told me that it was nothing that I did wrong and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. It's just something that happens sometimes. We decided to let nature take its course and see what happens. If nothing happened within a week, then I would go back and talk about different options. I guess this wasn't meant to be right now. I went back yesterday and they repeated the ultra sound again. And I didn't go into it expecting to see a heartbeat, but they did see the gestational sac, yolk sac and baby, but still no cardiac activity. We decided to go with the D&C. They ended up having an opening in surgery last night. So, I had my d&c at around 5:30pm, my (Hawaii) time. Everything went well they said. I do not remember any of the surgery. I just remember a lady telling me she was strapping booties on my feet and then I saw a hook in the air. I am assuming they hooked my feet in the air. I told them that with my last d&c that I got sick and threw up afterwards. So, I had to drink something that was extremely terrible in taste. I asked if I was going to hurl after I drank it and he said "no, this is anti-hurl." So, I guess it helped because I did not throw up at all and I felt fine after eating some grahm crackers and drinking some apple juice. Now, I am taking medication to decrease bleeding and I think it works. I had some bleeding last night after the recovery and some at home, but really only spotting today. I'm hoping it stays that way. I bled a lot more with my last one. My arm was tingly from the IV and still is a little bit, but that's going away. I have cramps, but not severe. They gave me 7 days off work to recover, but I don't have to take all 7 if I don't want to. They also gave DH today off to take care of me. :) I also have meds to help prevent infection and I have 2 kinds of pain meds. I am glad it's over with in a way, but of course I am still sad. I am glad because this brings us closer to being able to Trying to conceive again. We are hoping the 3rd time will be the charm for us!! And please keep your fingers crossed for us in the future. Lots of hugs to you all. And I wish you all the best of luck with everything.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Nov 3, 2006, 05:53 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know this might be a bad time to ask this but I just can't help myself so please forgive me. Why the d&c? I have had to have two due to personal and medical reasons and I just wanted to know what brought you to your decision. Tell me off if you would like I know better than to ask this at this point, but sometimes talking helps

Nov 5, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Thank you. I am sorry too. Well, we decided to try and let it happen naturally, but nothing was happening. She did a pelvic exam on me a week after we found out there was no heartbeat to see if my cervix had dialated at all, but she told me that my cervix was firm and closed. She said that my body was not recognizing that something was wrong yet. Plus, they were only giving us a week to let it happen naturally. They said if nothing happened we would have to talk about other options. We have been longing to be parents for so long and I don't know how long my body would have taken to recongize that the baby had passed away. My cycles are already long as it is. I didn't like the waiting game either. Plus, I don't really know how I would handle passing tissue at home or work. They asked me to "fish it out" and bring it in to have a patholigist look at it. I don't know about all that. Of course I am heartbroken that I had to go through this again, but I am trying to stay positive and we are willing to try again. I just hope this doesn't happen to us again next time around...

Nov 5, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Keep your chin up hun. I know that this has to be hard for you. I won't tell you I know how you feel cause I don't. I can however sypathize with you and be here to listen and give some advice. Keep trying, when the time is right it will happen. Have you thought about adopting or a serrogant? I know you want to go through the pregnancy process and it is a wonderful thing, but there are children out there that would do well with a good and loving home and family. Just keep that in mind if things don't work out the way you want them to.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is a hard time for you right now. I believe you made the right choice with the D&C.

You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Nov 5, 2006, 12:23 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. I find your attitude amazing. I agree, it may not have been meant to be right now. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope all will be going much better very soon. Take care.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Nov 5, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Oh god I'm so sorry... I must have missed a few of the posts. I apologize for that. My heart goes out to you and your family. Im deeply sorry for not reading all the posts. I deleted that post.. so sorry for that

Nov 9, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Thank you all for taking the time to express your sympathy for our loss. I am doing all right, for the circumstances I guess. All I can do is stay positive and stay busy and wait for the doctor to give me the OK to try again. I think I might know a reason why I miscarried. Other than the baby having a chromosomal abnormality or something else. Could I get some feedback? Well, I was reading about irregular cycles and herbs to help regulate. I'm considering taking some (with the docs permission of course) to help regulate my cycles. One herb I read about is supposedly supposed to help with menstrual irregularities and help get your progesterone hormone back to normal. If you don't have a regular progesterone level your cycles can be whacky. Mine are so off the wall that I think I might have to have that checked out. You also need the right amount of progesterone to support a pregnancy, correct? Well, my cycles have always been irregular so I might not have the right progesterone level to even support a pregnancy. I am going ask my doctor at my follow up exam for my D&C. Maybe if I am right they can get me on progesterone and level me out so I can carry to full term. Just some thoughts. Good idea to ask my doc?

Nov 10, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Yes ask your dr about that. Progesterone is what keeps you pregnant amongst other things. You might also ask about your thyroid and see if something there might be out of wack. Definitely see about the progesterone

Nov 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Thanks. I was just reading about hypothyroidism. I am going to ask about that also. I can never get through to the person I need to get through to about making my follow-up appointment. I get a recording every day and it's so annoying.:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search