Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEN ZIMMER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Toshiba Laptop not read cd-dvds
    I have a toshiba laptop model satellite A200-AH1 and my cd-dvd rom will not read any disks, the motor runs for a minute then nothing comes up on the screen. When I check for the drive under device manager it say windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware the driver may be missing or corrupted code 39, anyone know what I can do to fix this?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

May 3, 2009, 08:35 PM

Have you been using any CD-RW packet reading utilities like CD Creator or Nero Burning ROM? Sometimes uninstalling those programs for maintenance purposes leaves some problem settings behind.

Nero - Nero - free downloads - latest updates and trial versions Look for the CleanTool link in the "Tools and Utilities" section.

Microsoft Help and support Article ID: 314060:
    Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    "Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or not recognized by Windows or other programs, so you cannot play or access a CD or DVD. This issue might have occurred after you installed, uninstalled, or updated a program or Windows Vista."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't read burnt dvds [ 2 Answers ]

My drives are dvd they won't read a burnt dvd can anyone help me with this problem?

Password for toshiba laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toshiba laptop and it has never required a password to boot up but now it is requesting one and I don't know this can you help me figure out how to have access to my computer again

Toshiba laptop [ 1 Answers ]

How to brock power on passward on toshiba laptop

Toshiba laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a window vista home basic operating system laptop When I open it ,it loads all its operation and it logs in( accepts user Name and passward ) and it has only a black screen with a visible curser . It doesnot go further( I mean it doesnot show the task bar with start menu and All the...

Anyone use their laptop to play DVDs for the kids in a minivan? [ 5 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how much wattage I need when I go shopping for one of those power inverters? I have an IBM Thinkpad R51.

View more questions Search