Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ria Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahamak View Post
    thanks for the concern and messages, im sure il be fine.
    not gonna use it straight away starting on my feet with low percent then il build it up.
    Tell me how it goes with your mono.. I am interested as well, good luck x
    bananahamak Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 01:12 AM
    I haven't started using it yet waiting for the etanol alcohol and almond oil, so once they get here il be on my way.
    italiana Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 07:44 PM

Keep us posted
    Anatola Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Hey guys,
    For those of you who are using a ready made monobenzone cream or make their own can you roughly tell me how mush of it you use a day? How long would a 60ml cream last if you apply it twice daily on your entire body (I suppose that is what the majority of us are doin; twice daily and all over the body?)?
    A

May 25, 2009, 04:15 PM

I have no experience with monobenzone,but I guess its twice a day,once in the morning and night.

May 25, 2009, 04:17 PM
    So how long would you say this cream lasts?

May 26, 2009, 04:51 PM

A month I guess,though I'm not quite sure maybe bananahamak can tell us?

May 31, 2009, 11:52 AM

Hi sorry been away for so long , been doing my exams
    Started using my mono, but I started on my face as I had good results on my body, all was going well until I stepped out in the sun for like 10 minutes then I got a rash all over my face, it cleared up in a day but I've realised for now il be in doors. Erm my face is getting lighter at a quicker rate then my body. At the moment the skin on my nose is peeling and around my top lip.

I'm happy at the mo so il keep you updated
    I'm doing my exams at the minute so I won't be here as often. Il update when I can. Soory

May 31, 2009, 11:53 AM
    I never bought the cream I bought one kilo of the powder and mixed it myself
    I can see it lasting a long time though, don't now how long
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

May 31, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahamak View Post
    hi sorry been away for so long , been doing my exams
    started using my mono, but i started on my face as i had good results on my body, all was going well until i stepped out in the sun for like 10 minutes then i got a rash all over my face, it cleared up in a day but iv realised for now il be in doors. erm my face is getting lighter at a quicker rate then my body. at the moment the skin on my nose is peeling and around my top lip.

im happy at the mo so il keep you updated
    im doing my exams at the minute so i wont be here as often. il update when i can. soory
    Thanks so much for stopping in to let us all know how your mono process is going..
    Cannot wait to get my powder soon...

Jun 3, 2009, 02:45 AM

OK update... I received anil's mono powder today, it is an off white crystaline powder, but no flakes? Is mono powder supposed to be crystaline flakes( like salt flakes )? Or a smooth crystaline powder?

I mixed some of the powder into a cream of mine and I used a spoon to mix it together and that worked fine, I didn't have to use a blender or anything...

Anyway will send it away for testing soon...

Hope its real mono...

Anyway comparing how the powder is in the cream I have and to what I got from 7unite cream, there was like chunks of this flakey stuff in the 7unite cream and so I thought that must have been what mono looks like, but when I got the powder today from anil... its all fine crystaline powder... so will check it all out and let you all know...
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks mj! :)

Jun 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Ok small update... I couldn't wait to test it, so I have started using the powder before I'm testing it... because I wanted to try a higher strength straight away and see the difference... anyway I stopped using the fair and glow stuff yesterday and applied anil's powder in my own cream, I made it 50 percent, just to see what would happen... and OUCH!!
    I had to quickly jump in the shower and run it cold as it burned the hell out of my skin... now is that a good sign that its mono? Lol I don't know... but anyway, I made it 40 percent and applied it and it was very difficult to rub it right in... not because it had flakes... but because it made my cream like a paste, I'm not sure why it does that... anyway I had to rub the cream in for ages and then I put on another cream that had alcohol in it to help the absorption, so I could feel tingling and burning sensations all over my body from where I applied it and even a cooling feeling in some parts also... but of course around the eye area and face/neck are the worst...
    No lightening yet though... which annoyed me, as when I put the fair and glow cream on, each day it would at least make me a little lighter in some parts of my body... but the cream I made isn't changing anything, even with the 40 percent that I applied... I really thought it would do something, as I have been using the mono fair and glow stuff for nearly 3 weeks now I think and it was working everyday, even if it made me tanned, then light, then tanned and so on...

Anyway I will give it 3 more days... if I can't see any change, I will stop using the anil mono and wait till I test it, I apparently have to send a sample interstate... and then I will just go back to the fair and glow stuff till it comes back with test results...

Is it true also that mono won't work unless you mix it properly? Like do you have to definitely put alcohol in it or something, so it absorbs right? Sorry to ask this question, I'm sure it has been asked a million times, but yeah if anyone really knows it would be great to know how to apply it properly... I emailed fair and glow to see what they put in their creams and to also ask about the lemon scent and they said they don't use any lemon scent and that they use mono in a cream base... But then, why does it smell like lemons? Does anyone else agree that it smells like lemons? Mono doesn't smell like that?

With receiving anil's mono... they took so long because the company that they used to send it, sent it back!! So he had to send it with another courier... and that worked and got here in 3 days which was good... He doesn't label it as mono or medical...

When I got the powder the first thing I wanted to do was smell it as to compare it to the powder I got from k-s pharm when I first started the mono track years ago... but of course their mono was fake, so I was eager to see what real mono looked and smelt like... and it was a chemical smell, not sweet smell like k-s pharm's which was phenylhydroquinone... harsh stuff...

Anyway and the powder was an off white beige colour crystaline powder and was very fine, so I'm not sure if that was micro? Or just normal...

Anyway will keep updating as I go along...
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:43 AM

No such thing as micro mono, it does not exist it just a name that depig created, only 2 form of mono are1.) regular mono 2.) mono USP, to help mono dissolve faster you should put in a little alcohol in your mixture

Jun 4, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    no such thing as micro mono, it does not exist it just a name that depig created, only 2 form of mono are1.) regular mono 2.) mono USP, to help mono dissolve faster you should put in a little alcohol in your mixture

Do you know what the real mono powder looks like? Do you have a photo at all, so I can compare? I wish they had photos on the web somewhere but I can't find anything?

Jun 4, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Lighterr,

It does not necessarily need to be USP! It can be BP/CP/EP/JP etc depending on the country origin. Some argue that the USP standard is not the highest of them all anyway. And yes micro mono is a marketing gimmick.

A

Jun 4, 2009, 07:54 PM

OK update... ever since I stopped the fair and glow and started on anil's mono, I have darkened, now this either means fair and glow was fake or that it was mono and that anil's is fake... not sure what's what yet! Anyway, my skin itches and burns still when I put anil's stuff on... This could means that anil's mono is real and that I'm only just starting the mono process now and that is why I'm darkening all of a sudden, or it means that the fair and glow was mono and that anil's is fake and that is why I have darkened... anyway very confusing... will give it a week and see what happens... but the lightening that I got with fair and glow has completely diminished and its only been nearly 2 days...
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jun 4, 2009, 10:59 PM

Sounds like anil is real. From what I know mono is suppose to tingle and darken you at first.

Jun 5, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond View Post
    sounds like anil is real. From what I know mono is suppose to tingle and darken you at first.
    Hey yeah I think your actually right, I think anil's mono is real.. I can't say anything about the fair and glow as I don't know how to test their cream... but it makes me wonder with all the advertising that they do... I mean they are on every single website search practically.. and on all the chemical searches... and they claim to guarantee depigmentation or your money back...

The darkening of my skin has slowly gone away throughout the day... I scrubbed my skin really well and applied lots of vit e oil cream all over my body because I was so sore from dry skin... and that seemed to have helped my skin recover which I'm happy about...
    Anyway my skin is close to its original colour now, so I will monitor the lightening process from now... its strange though because my chest area is lighter than any other part so far... and my arms and hands are lighter than my face... oh and my ears are peeling!! Lol
    I feel like I have been sun burnt and now I'm peeling... but its only the ears right now, nowhere else...

Anyway will keep you updated each day on my progress...

Jun 5, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Thanks for letting us know!

You do know that all these are words in the wind. Without any pictures it's nothing to us because what you are describing are the symptoms of depigmenting but we can't really be sure that this is happening to you. If this is really happening then I am REALLY happy for you and it would be great for all of us to see some real pictures...

A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search