Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RACHIT SHARMA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 01:32 AM
    Appropriate choice
    Hey, I want to begin my carrier as a private pilot. Please advice me about the all body requirements for a private pilot. Such as my height, weight. And if other required. Will u.s government will assure me visa easily if I wish to join any aviation campus there . And what is hour system , I mean how it is related to a pilot, what actually it mean.
    Zazonker Posts: 126, Reputation: 19
    -

May 3, 2009, 03:06 AM

Tough question to answer because you are missing so much, but I'll try as best I can.
    There is no career position called "private pilot". A private pilot license by definition prevents the pilot from flying commercially (that's commercially, not Air Lines, a different category).
    I'm guessing from your post that you think being a candidate for becoming a pilot in the US would help you immigrate. No - not even a factor.
    There are many other issues, but these are show stoppers.
    If you get beyond those, to become a pilot in any country in the world, there are many factors - height and weight perhaps being important - but spacial perception, hand-eye coordination, mental attitude, ability to act under pressure, etc. being extremely important.
    If you REALLY want to be a pilot, your best chance is to check on the requirements in your own country and apply for training programs there. --
    There is no shortage of candidates in the US.
    I am, by the way, a licensed commercial pilot (not Airline) who used to be a military combat pilot. So, I do know a little about this.
    I don't want to discourage you, but I recommend that you look at what you really want to do and you feel you can do it.
    The answer to this isn't, "I really want to be a pilot and I think I could be one in the US." Do some research, try to understand what a pilot is and what he needs to do from a job perspective, from a skill perspective, etc.
    After you think about these things, if you have more questions, I am willing to try to help answer them. --- Realize that there is a very small percentage of the population of the world who have the physical skills and the mental aquity and quickness to become a pilot.
    bestanswers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 11:29 AM

Hi I believe that you want to be a commercial pilot and the first step towards it is a private pilot's license. To be a civil pilot you should be average 5' of height, eyes correctable to 6/6 should be mentally fit and no major health related problems. Now I believe the hour system is like this- [I] people requirements total hours 40 out of which 10 hrs of solo flight time, out of the 10 hrs solo you should have 5 hrs of cross country and so on. No one can guarantee a u.s. visa it depends case to case you can find more about it on Google
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 07:36 AM

Gleim Publications :: Private Pilot Requirements
    I would get this book:
    http://www.gleim.com/products/produc...php?proID=6822
    ericjon Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Go to faa.gov... look under pilots and training. There you can read and download everything you need to know about obtaining FAA Airman cetificates and ratings.

EJ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second choice, or not? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, I've been going through and reading some posts to help me through my hard time without asking a billion of repetitive questions myself. One thing I found is that a lot of people try to wait to see if their ex's new relationship will fail so they may have a second chance with them. The obvious...

Do I have a choice [ 8 Answers ]

:( I'm under 16 and my mum is moving at the worst point in my life ! This means I will have to move schools and leave my dad and other family behind and friends I want to go and live with my dad I have asked and spokern with my mum about this but she has just said I don't have a choice and I have...

Appropriate financial statement category [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone out there help me out with the question below? I am really struggling with this accelerated online accounting class. Thanking you in advance. To the left of each of the following items, write the letter representing the appropriate financial statement category in which...

Overnight visits appropriate [ 2 Answers ]

Should newborns have overnight visitation, at what age is it appropriate I do not feel comfortable with overnight visits for my newborn and don't know when I will be okay with it.

View more questions Search