Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nissi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2003, 09:14 PM
    99 taurus service engine soon light
    The service engine soon lis on and the wires/plugs have been replaced twice within the past 8 months because that was the diagnosis. The light is still on and I had them test it today/they say it is the 4th plug again. It can't be not already. Then he said it might be the ignition coil. What do you suggest? It has 66,000 miles and today it jerked a little.
    knuck309 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
    Was it diagnosed as the 4th plug? Or the 4th cylinder? My friend had a '99 plymouth breeze with around 70k miles on it, with a hole in one of the pistons, yes a HOLE in the piston, and that would certainly cause a major compression problem, if that's what it's diagnosed as.
    nissi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2003, 02:59 PM
    He said it was the 4th cylinder.
    knuck309 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2003, 05:58 PM
    Well if you pull out the plug, and it's fine, then it's probably an internal problem. You should take off the head and take a look inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91' Ford Taurus check engine light [ 35 Answers ]

Last aug. had the distributor module fixed due to car stalling & then not starting. Upon picking-up my car the mechanic informed me that now the check engine light would always be on and at that time also asked if there was anything wrong w/the pollution control equipment and he said no there...

Check Engine Light 91 Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light pops on after car runs for about 10-15 minutes. Just replaced power steering hoses, which I removed the air filter assy. Checked connectors and wiring, everything seems tight. My concern is an electrical plug on the old P/S hose I removed. The new hose does not have this, I...

Service engine soon light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced my fuel pump on my 98 GMC Z-71 w/5.4 liter engine. After reconnecting everything; I found the "service engine soon" light on. I never had any trouble with the light until I changed out the fuel pump. Any ideas why?

Altima Service Engine Soon Light [ 13 Answers ]

The Fuel Cut Off Control Valve recently went on my 1998 Nissan Altima. It made the gas pump shut off even at the slowest filling speed (a huge pain) and it also caused the "Service Engine Soon" light to come on. Replacing the valve was easy, cheap ($40) and it solved the fuel refill problem, but...

Service Engine soon light is on - Altima '99 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, Today I replaced my car's Engine Oil & Filter. Then while on my way back home, the Service Engine Soon light came on and has stayed there even after stopping and re-starting the car. The car Engine had been vibrating more than normal for quite few months, and I could feel that when I am at...

View more questions Search