Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vw00004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Dui Vop Warrant
    I Was Placed On Dui Misdemeanor Probation For 1 Year. I Did All My Dui Classes, Comm Service, Fine, Etc... Excep That I Did Not Check In The Last 60 Days Of My Probation. Now There Is A Warrant But The Warrant Was Signed By The Judge After My Probation Was Supposed To End. The Po Officer Did The Vop Papers 2 Days Before My Probation Expiration Date But It Wasn't Signed By The Judge Until 15 Days Later. Is This A Legal Warrant Or Does The 60 Days That I Did Not Go Probation Not Count (toll) Towards My Probation Expiration Date.

Vicky
    HemiPower Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
    I don't think I can help you much but 2 months of not checking in with a probation officer sound like trouble to me.

Good Luck.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Hello vw:

I think you're asking the wrong question. Sure, from a technical standpoint, the warrant might not be valid. But in the real world, it doesn't matter. There IS a warrant out. Valid or not, if a cop stops you, you WILL be arrested. You're going to have to fight it out in court. But, by the time you do, you will have served all of the violation time anyway. So, what's the point? It's not like you're asking about a law that could make the difference between 6 month and a life sentence. You're talking about two months here. Let's get real...

The question you should be asking is how do I make this go away. My answer is, hire a laywer, turn yourself in, do your teency amount of time and get on with your life. Unless you like living like a fugitive.

excon
    Erica tate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 10:50 AM
    I have a cop for getting two new charges but they were dismissed and I did everything that wanted me to I had 5 years probation and did more then four I have 10 mounths to do what is they going to do
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vw00004 View Post
    I Was Placed On Dui Misdemeanor Probation For 1 Year. I Did All My Dui Classes, Comm Service, Fine, Etc...... Excep That I Did Not Check In The Last 60 Days Of My Probation. Now There Is A Warrant But The Warrant Was Signed By The Judge After My Probation Was Supposed To End. The Po Officer Did The Vop Papers 2 Days Before My Probation Expiration Date But It Wasnt Signed By The Judge Until 15 Days Later. Is This A Legal Warrant Or Does The 60 Days That I Did Not Go Probation Not Count (toll) Towards My Probation Expiration Date.

Vicky
    Your probation does not just magically end on a certain date. It ONLY ends when the judge signs the order of the termination of he probation. No, the warrant was not signed illegally as technically your probation did not end. The juddge is the one who holds your freedom. You will find this out at your VOP hearing shortly.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 03:53 PM

Anybody else think it's peculiar that every word in Vicky's post is capitalized?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2011, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Anybody else think it's peculiar that every word in Vicky's post is capitalized?
    Hello lawyer:

NoPe.

excon
    nance69 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
    If I was told by PO that I have violated probation for a DUI will I get arrested for a VOp? I live in another county in fl where I got DUi. If I turn myself down south in fl will I get off easy in jail, see the judge after a day and hopefully get house arrest or no jail time. I didn't pay the last 5 months for monthly fee through mail to PO and an add for DUi for $50
    nance69 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nance69 View Post
    If I was told by PO that I have violated probation for a DUI will I get arrested for a VOp? I live in another county in fl where I got DUi. If I turn myself down south in fl will I get off easy in jail, see the judge after a day and hopefully get house arrest or no jail time. I didn't pay the last 5 months for monthly fee through mail to PO and an add for DUi for $50
    Is it worth it to drive down south to turn myself in or get arrested in Deland fl and then go in front of judge down south?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

A nephew has a warrant out for his arrest. He did not show up in court. His dad posted a $5,000 surety bond. I guess my question is : How long of a wait is there, do they look for you or wait for you to mess up again. What happens to the dad and the bond?

View more questions Search