Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asunshine1223 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Reddish brown discharge instead of period one month after abortion
    Okay so I had a medical Abortion on April 1st, started birthcontrol the following Sunday. Now I am supposed to have my period but I have a light reddish brown discharge. I had unprotected sex all month, I know this was stupid but it wasn't with just anyone it was with my sons father, so before anyone wants to pass judgment, we both had gone our separate ways and done some stupid stuff, and I didn't want my child to have any half siblings and my sons father was willing to take me back either way. So I just want to know what this discharge may be? If I could be pregnant again or if this is normal?
    Shoona_Bug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 07:19 PM
    I feel like you should take a test just to be sure. I'm not going to put judgement or blame on you. To answer your question, it seems more like it could be bleeding from your sensitive cervix than another pregancy. You already have one child, so you understand that pregnancy can do crazy things to a woman's body. The cervix is very vascular and can be very sensitive when it comes to physical contact to it. I'm not a doctor or nurse, so please understand that it's important that you take, at least, an over the counter pregnancy test. Good Luck and I hope it's just from the contact and not another pregnancy so soon. But if it is... Congratulation.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 07:59 PM

Brown discharge is really just stale blood, now it could be another pregnancy but I doubt it or it could be the uterus just getting rid of old blood. To be sure you may want to do a pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge every month for about two weeks. Period? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby in June 2008. I breastfed for a month. When I went to my six week check up I still hadn't got my period. So they gave me medicine to start it. I took birth control for two months (femcon) and stopped using it because of the spotting when I would forget to take it. I didn't get my...

Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

Could I be pregnant? Reddish brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I live together and are sexually active, but I've been on the pill since I was 15 so we don't use condoms. I had my period about 3 weeks ago. Last week I called out of work 2 days in a row because I felt really dizzy and just out of it. I've been getting some really bad headaches...

View more questions Search