Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TIFFANYROBERTS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 01:30 PM
    8 week old puppies with a mild case of fleas
    I have just adopted two golden retriever pups and as far as I knew they did not have fleas when I brought them home. I just found a flea on one of them and I have no idea where she got it from. I want to prevent any future flea outbreaks in my home as well as my other animals, what can I use on the puppies for now? Can I get the Frontline at this age?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Check the package directions. I have never used Frontline, but I know the Revolution I have used was OK for puppies that age. A vet visit, check up. And discussion would be good. They need heartworm remedy too.
    Mary99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 8

May 2, 2009, 05:25 PM

You will have to go to your vet
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 02:17 AM

Tapeworm is also transmitted by fleas. It only takes one little flea to cause a lot of problems.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 week old puppies have fleas. [ 32 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, my female gave birth to 5 beautiful puppies. I noticed that they are really infested with fleas. I really don't know what to do because of their age. I gave all the animals in my house a bath and cahnged their blankets. They still are covered. What should I do, and is it safe to...

My 2 week old puppies have fleas [ 4 Answers ]

My Pitbull just had babies on March 21st and the pups now have lots of fleas. What can I use to get rid of them?

5 day old puppies have fleas [ 5 Answers ]

I don't want anyone jumping on me. We were given a female Chihuahua a little over a month ago and at the time we didn't know she was pregnant. We have had two Chi's for 9 years, both spayed, one recently passed away from CHF. We are responsible pet owners... never any puppies until now. Our new...

3 week old puppies COVERED in FLEAS! [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine owns a tire shop/junk yard and 4 of his dogs all had puppies within a week of one another... long story short, there are about 26 puppies, they are Labs mixed with something that makes them smaller than an average lab ? They are only 3 weeks old right now, and I'm wanting to...

View more questions Search