Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninaharris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Predetermined overhead rate
    I need to determine the overhead rate using the traditional costing.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 11:07 PM

Estimated overhead costs divided by estimated activity base. The activity base will be given, and common ones are machine hours, direct labor hours, or direct labor dollars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Predetermined Overhead Rate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a homework question where a company uses predetermined overhead rates to apply manufacturing overhead to jobs. The predetermined overhead rate is based on labor cost in Dept. A and on machine hours in Dept. B. At the beginning of the year, the company made the following estimates: ...

Predetermined Overhead Rate & Overhead Applied [ 1 Answers ]

B3 Company is a manufacturing firm that uses job-order costing. The company applies overhead to jobs using a predetermined overhead rate based on machine-hours. At the beginning of the year, the company estimated that it would work 24,000 machine-hours and incur $216,000 in manufacturing overhead...

Predetermined overhead rate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question on predetermine overhead rate and I think I am doing it right but I want a second opinion. XXX company estimates: manufacturing overhead cost to be $800,000 and direct materials to be used in production, $500,000. Beginning Ending Raw...

Predetermined overhead rate.etc. [ 0 Answers ]

ABC has made the following predictions for amounts of manufacturing overhead costs during 2007: Cost Amount Factory rent $150,000 Factory utilities $90,000 + $2 per machine hour Supervisory costs $120,000 + $5 per machine hour Indirect materials $3 per direct labor hour...

View more questions Search