danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
    I just had a blood test ANA positive SS-b for sjogren's slightly positive
    Does this mean I definitely have Sjogren's?:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 05:01 PM

That is such a toughy to answer, luvvy. There is only one way you will hear that and its from your doctor.

Here is a webesite and even I had to look up this one. It is an autoimmune disease:

Sjogren's Syndrome Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment on MedicineNet.com - 63k

How in the heck did you ever come across this one ! Please let us know ASAP.

Ms tick
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 05:09 PM

I finally did something for myself and found an intern. They did some blood work because I was have allot of injuries. She said she wanted to test me for connective tissue disorders. And this is what turned up. Along with very poor iron. I will be receiving infusions in about 10 days. 10 in a 5 week period.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 06:31 PM

You were so lucky to have a diagnosis. Let alone a non-positive one at the moment, maybe to be something to get you sorted out with the proper meds and the road to recovery. We are with you all the way :)

Kindest regards

Tick
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks... but I am so confused. When I went to my hematologist today for the iron... she said it's only slightly positive therefore irrelevant. I thought a positive was a positive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    i thought a positive was a positive
    Only in pregnancy, LOL. In other disorders a positive can mean that it is suggestive of one thing or another.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Here is a good overview of what the ANA test is all about.

ANA: The Test
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:22 PM

Thank you j-9 I guess I have to wait till the 11 to see a rumatologist(sp?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Positive hpt,but negative blood test [ 1 Answers ]

I have taken four hpts and they have all come back positive,but when I went to the doctor for a blood test and it came back negative can I still be pregnant?

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

One HPT positive, 1 urines/1 blood negative and all symptoms [ 4 Answers ]

On May 13, I took a pregnancy test, with having all symptoms I'm convinced to be pregnant. The HPT test said positive right away, on 5/15 I went for blood work and didn't get results until Thursday, when they came back it was negative, I was still convinced I was pregnant so I called the obgyn...

Will a blood pregnancy test be positive after implantation bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I know that implantation bleeding is not as common as one might think... but... I would like to know if a blood pregnancy test would be positive during or after implantation bleeding?

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search