Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JADE22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Whirlpool Washer - next step for a machine that won't drain or spin?
    I have a whirlpool washer - ultimate care 11. It will fill with water and was agitating slowly, it won't drain or spin. I pulled the machine outside and tested the drum after flipping it on it's back and the drum turns in both directions (no belt/direct drive). All the lhose ines are clear and free. After changing the clutch dogs which were stripped I figured I had solved the problem brought it back in and hooked it all up and , I of course, tried to run it again, and find I am back to square one. Now I need to reempty the machine :(.

I can hear the timer ticking on the rinse cycle, but not on the spin cycle - could it be the timer? Is that the next logical step to replace? The clutch dogs were cheap $6.00.

Any advice is appreciated. (ps I really have no idea what I am doing but learning as I go)

Thanks
    Jade
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 2, 2009, 04:05 PM

If the motor is not running or trying to run in the spin cycle it's probably the lid switch. If the motor is trying to run, (humming, buzzing) it could be something lodged in the pump.
    I would try to jumper the lid switch to see if it wiil pump-out and spin.
    JADE22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 06:49 AM
    OK - it's the lid switch, it's loose the striker is not hitting it - I have to methods to fix this
    One - take the frame apart and replace it with a whirlpool part or I can splice in a new swtich which is a lot easier. Any reason not to do the splicing?:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer won't spin or drain [ 15 Answers ]

We have a 8 year old Whirlpool Washing machine model number GSL9365EQ1 It won't spin or drain. We replaced the lid switch and the machine just humms. We have recently replaced the motor coupler. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Whirlpool washer will not drain / spin [ 2 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care Heavy Duty Washer will not rinse or spin. It will wash and agitate fine. Model # is LSW9245E01

Whirlpool washer will not spin or drain tub. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am presently renting a stackable washer and dryer from AZUM leasing. Every time I need maintenance, I have to stay home all day waiting for someone to show up. I am hoping to find a remedy that I can do myself. My washer tub is full of water. It stops on the spin cycle. If...

Why won't my whirlpool washer spin and drain the water? [ 1 Answers ]

My washer will wash but when it won't spin to drain out the water.

Whirlpool washer - will not agitate, drain or spin. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer that has these symptoms... Fills with water, does not agitate, does not drain, does not spin. The motor hums loudly, but no mechanical activity. The "wig-wag" was replaced several years ago. Model: LA5580XK

View more questions Search